Beats Studio3
Sep 5, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #76 of 904
I'm curious to hear your thoughts, purely on sound, comparing the M2 and Solo3. I've heard both have a bass emphasis. I hear the Solo3 is good when the M2 is great?

I think the main difference between the M2 and Solo3 is that the M2 brings a remarkable amount of insight out of the compressed Bluetooth audio with notably more detailed sound, particularly mids, while Solo3 has a stronger bass which masks the finer details that M2 presents with ease. However, Solo3 sounds totally uncompressed while doing so which is impressive.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #77 of 904
I'm hoping Studio3 is the best of both worlds, with detailed mids and no wireless degradation. I'm going to try them in an Apple Store first and if I think they're suitable to replace the M2 and/or Solo3 I'll buy a pair to audition at home.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #78 of 904
The amount of blatant hate in this thread is just stupid. People should be capable of putting their own personal bias to rest when we talk about the release of brand new headphones none of us have ever touched or used. Judging the book by it's cover like this is just dreadful, and it almost sounds like people take whatever experience they had with a Beats product several years back and simply applies it to every single Beats products released ever since. What kind of logic is that? People on this forum should know that two headphones rarely sound the same.

One also have to take into consideration that Beats as a company has change drastically over the years. Their first generation of products was from Monster, with Beats by Dr. Dre branding. They were 100% Monster products, they were produced by Monster and Monster pretty much handled everything in terms of production, drivers and everything. Beats handled most of the branding and aesthetics. The second generation of the product was made without Monster, so the second generation was drastically different in both build, design and audio as Beats decided to not partner with Monster anymore and branched into their own business. That's why first generation and second generation of their products are vastly different and not really comparable at all.

In later years Beats got acquired by Apple. It doesn't seem like Apple have done much in terms of changing how Beats are going by doing things, but they do offer various Apple specific hardware like the Apple W1-chip and they claim that they have completely re-done both the ANC and the audio drivers on these new Beats Studio Wireless v3.0 so it seems like they have been doing something. The Beats Solo3 Wireless seemed to be identical with Beats Solo2 Wireless besides the addition of the Apple W1-chip providing improved Bluetooth AAC, battery life and ease-of-use with Apple devices. But Apple never claimed they had done anything with the Beats Solo3 other than adding W1 and improved battery life. So it seems like there will be big updates to the Beats Studio3 and who really knows how they will sound and how well this new ANC will work before we are able to test it?

How about we give them a fair chance before we start claiming they have to be bad?

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #79 of 904
The amount of blatant hate in this thread is just stupid. People should be capable of putting their own personal bias to rest when we talk about the release of brand new headphones none of us have ever touched or used. Judging the book by it's cover like this is just dreadful, and it almost sounds like people take whatever experience they had with a Beats product several years back and simply applies it to every single Beats products released ever since. What kind of logic is that? People on this forum should know that two headphones rarely sound the same.

One also have to take into consideration that Beats as a company has change drastically over the years. Their first generation of products was from Monster, with Beats by Dr. Dre branding. They were 100% Monster products, they were produced by Monster and Monster pretty much handled everything in terms of production, drivers and everything. Beats handled most of the branding and aesthetics. The second generation of the product was made without Monster, so the second generation was drastically different in both build, design and audio as Beats decided to not partner with Monster anymore and branched into their own business. That's why first generation and second generation of their products are vastly different and not really comparable at all.

In later years Beats got acquired by Apple. It doesn't seem like Apple have done much in terms of changing how Beats are going by doing things, but they do offer various Apple specific hardware like the Apple W1-chip and they claim that they have completely re-done both the ANC and the audio drivers on these new Beats Studio Wireless v3.0 so it seems like they have been doing something. The Beats Solo3 Wireless seemed to be identical with Beats Solo2 Wireless besides the addition of the Apple W1-chip providing improved Bluetooth AAC, battery life and ease-of-use with Apple devices. But Apple never claimed they had done anything with the Beats Solo3 other than adding W1 and improved battery life. So it seems like there will be big updates to the Beats Studio3 and who really knows how they will sound and how well this new ANC will work before we are able to test it?

How about we give them a fair chance before we start claiming they have to be bad?

Exactly, plus we have to remember the previous Studio Wireless model was released in 2013 and designed by Beats before the Apple acquisition. It was decent for a wireless headphone at the time (all wireless headphones in 2013 were pretty mediocre), but in 2017 wireless headphones finally have the ability to have no real compromises compared to wired headphones so its sound and ANC should be drastically improved. Early impressions point to ANC being the real star here and potentially besting Sony and Bose, but I hope that means they're leaving drastically better sound quality as a welcome surprise.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #80 of 904
Agreed, there are 3 distinct points in the Beats history. I work at a GAFM and have seen 3 acquisitions first hand for our integration. Generally, they become part of the company. They still run their teams but they integrate with resources, tech and integrated products. They often even sit in the same building. Sometimes mixed but there's always presence. I think apple has incredible resources for engineering talent and engineering talent acquisition. And a low tolerance for poor performance/decisions: for example, a good work friend had a startup which was purchased by Apple and he saw on the spot firings during meetings. Good or bad, they have to produce and produce well.

Anyway here's some more links with hands on and tech info:
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/1...smart-sounding-long-lasting-trendy-headphones

https://www.stuff.tv/beats/studio3/review

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #81 of 904
Saw on the news that the new Studios were about to drop soon, thought I'd check out Head-Fi discussion...should have known better. Beats bashing is incredibly tired at this point, why not go do something else with your life?

I like my Solo 2s well enough but I decided to skip out on the 3s, we'll see how the Studios go.

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #82 of 904

Never never never !!!

No matter what they produce in the future should they be forgiven for their past misdemeanours

They are still the ultimate fashion based rip off . These headphones are three hundred and fifty dollars. I repeat $350.

Wake up!!!!!!!?!!!

They have to be bl**dy kidding .

They remain as always a joke to those that know.

Suggest you join in the intelligent discussion over at the 'Why the Beats Hate Thread?' (perhaps the daftest question ever asked?):wink:

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #86 of 904
It does not matter if Beats are bad/good/expensive, or otherwise, and who are we to sneer at someone only uses the earphones that came with the phone?. If they are happy with them, that all that matters.If you don't like Beats, don't buy them. I have BeatsX,Solo 3 wireless,iSINE 20,HEK,HD800,and quite a few others, so what does that make me?. No rude answers please!!. Live and let live guys.

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #88 of 904
Never never never !!!

No matter what they produce in the future should they be forgiven for their past misdemeanours

They are still the ultimate fashion based rip off . These headphones are three hundred and fifty dollars. I repeat $350.

Wake up!!!!!!!?!!!

Suggest you join in the intelligent discussion over at the 'Why the Beats Hate Thread?' (perhaps the daftest question ever asked?):wink:

While I whole-heartedly agree that it is pretty useless to bash a product before anyone has actually heard it, I will point out that a lot of people have listened to every product Beats has ever released and still feel that you can get a much better sounding headphone for less money and they are as much of a fashion statement as a headphone. The new model seems to have a lot feature-wise in it, but in the end how they sound is the most important thing. If they work for someone, regardless of what people here think, that is all that matters.

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #89 of 904
It does not matter if Beats are bad/good/expensive, or otherwise, and who are we to sneer at someone only uses the earphones that came with the phone?. If they are happy with them, that all that matters.If you don't like Beats, don't buy them. I have BeatsX,Solo 3 wireless,iSINE 20,HEK,HD800,and quite a few others, so what does that make me?. No rude answers please!!. Live and let live guys.

The majority of the population do not look down on beats. Maybe the odd person here and there on the train / bus would laugh on the inside. But now, the Beats quality in sound is improving, so its just based on past history. The most classic review of all time being

this is the most classic headphone review of all time

this will only get better with time

I will defo pick up a beats , and frame them, and like its a museum piece mang :k701smile:

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #90 of 904
Never never never !!!

Wake up!!!!!!!?!!!

Hopefully sarcasm, but $349 is right in-line with the premium ANC headphone market. I'm actually surprised they only priced it at $50 more than the Solo3, but I suppose they're being competitive. There are many wireless headphones at that price and up with less features, and potentially inferior sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back