Beats start up and how it really began (Not a troll thread, but educational)
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sniperbombers

100+ Head-Fier
We all know that they're overpriced for the sound they give. But give this a read, and read the comments regarding the article itself. 
http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

i figured this should be posted to those who want to learn more about industries in general, + what really happened with the whole franchise.

So tell me, did Monsters change the game for many users to enhance their thoughts of "good quality music"
or did they end up wasting kids time? Being truthfully honest, without knowing about how bad the beats really were at the end of the day, i would not be where i am here today. I finally acknowledge the power of accurate hi-end headphones / reproduction of sound because of their efforts.

Hopefully i'm not the only one around on these forums messing around with equipment+headphones/speakers/iem-earbuds etc to obtain their wanted signature sound. I've realized after a few months of scrolling through, a majority of us seem to really love the low end thump. It really seems that because of monsters signature sound and major marketing allowed us to move on from muddle to pure perfection.

ex) a friends brother once asked me if dr.dre beats were good, and at the time i said no. I straight up told him to go for m50's for a better and cheaper alternative. Ever since that day, he's always trust me with my opinions 
gs1000.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 2
I saw this article too, it was pretty interesting to read about the business side of the Beats/Monster collaboration.

As for the headphones themselves, well.. I appreciate the way it raised people's awareness that better sound is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back