Beats Solo3 Wireless - Impressions Thread
May 1, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #91 of 97
Interestingly enough, I had my Solo3 replaced under warranty due to issues with the battery indicator and the replacement pair seems improved. They changed the branding to “Solo3” rather than simply Solo as it was previously and the sound seems overall slightly cleaner with noticeably softer ear pads.
That's odd that they would sound better. I wonder if the newer builds use a different driver and/or have a different manufacturing process or were made at a another plant.

May 1, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #92 of 97
That's odd that they would sound better. I wonder if the newer builds use a different driver and/or have a different manufacturing process or were made at a another plant.

It could be due to driver tolerances/inconsistencies. I doubt they would use an entirely different driver. The manufacturing process just seems to have been cleaned up and refined, which is impressive to see mid-cycle.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #93 of 97
A bit late to the party here, but I just picked up the Solo 3 this past week for free with my MacBook Air. I'd considered selling them without even opening them to pay for an IEM purchase, as I needed another portable set of headphones. After reading reviews and hearing about the W1 chip, I figured I'd at least give them a try. I have to say, I'm very, very impressed. They're quite warm, but when using Bass Reducer on my iPhone and Mac, they really sound pretty good. Mids and bass shine through the most (and mids are actually quite good!), with some roll off at the top. I'm surprised by the soundstage here as well. As everyone else has pointed out, ease of connection, connection quality, and battery life are all fantastic.

While I don't think I would buy them for $300, and they're not mind-blowing by any means, I'm really enjoying the Solo 3 and would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a warm, wireless headphone who uses Apple devices. They're a great deal when bought with the Mac deal as well.

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #94 of 97
Got these because my girl got a new iMac and got a set of these, so she threw them my way. I never knew how much going wireless would be so liberating. Man what a feeling. Sound is fun - can get a bit muddled at times but I listen to a lot of breakbeat driven music so it works out most of the time, that type of music doing well with a bassier sound signature. Battery life is insane, so is wireless range. I can leave my phone in the apartment anywhere and go clean and cook and do whatever without needing it to be on me.

I wouldn't pay $300 for these, and while they were free for me, I could see paying slightly lower and up to $200 for them.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #95 of 97
Just picked up a pair of these at Best Buy for $130, eager to try them out. I had listened to them in an Apple store earlier this year, and compared them to my Fidelio M1MKII and thought they were pretty close. At $130, I couldn't pass it up.

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #96 of 97
Just picked up a pair of these at Best Buy for $130, eager to try them out. I had listened to them in an Apple store earlier this year, and compared them to my Fidelio M1MKII and thought they were pretty close. At $130, I couldn't pass it up.
They're pretty solid. At $130, not bad. I think the Fidelio is still better in terms of SQ, but for what they are, they are (surprisingly) some of the better wireless on-ears. A little on the plastic side, so Fidelio wins there too, but the connection on the Solo3 is FAR better than the Fidelio. I actually sold my Fidelio M2BT because of spotty connection issues.

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #97 of 97
Tried them out in-store today. They are actually surprisingly good as a basshead headphones. Wasn't blown away per se, but for what it is and for the price... These sound tempting. Sound signature is fun and engaging out of the box, clarity ain't too bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back