beats pro vs sennheiser momentum
May 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

eimantas1994

New Head-Fier
Hi to all! :) Im looking for a stylish full size headphones with really good sound quality,and deciding between pro and momentums.Basically Im listening to rap,hip hop,house,club music. So for me bass suppose to be really impressive and deep,next I am expecting overall clear,crisp sound. Next thing is build quality, from what I saw on the internet beats pro I think is better chioce when it comes to the build.
 So,if someone could give me andvice I would really appreciate it :)

May 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 37
Ain't even a competiton, Beats are widely regarded among audiophiles as a horrid 'phone, and the momentum is just fantastic, but not up your alley. For what you're listening to, look at the V-Moda M-100. The sennheiser HD-25 or V-moda M-80 are also options if you'd like to spend a $100 less.

May 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 37
Quote:
Ain't even a competiton, Beats are widely regarded among audiophiles as a horrid 'phone, and the momentum is just fantastic, but not up your alley. For what you're listening to, look at the V-Moda M-100. The sennheiser HD-25 or V-moda M-80 are also options if you'd like to spend a $100 less.

Have you actually heard the Beats Pros? They are quite good for OP's genres, although a bit pricey.

May 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 37
these are only 2 headphones which I am interested in,because of style and build quality,so which pair would suit me better? Oh yes,also I am interesting in hd650 but Im not a professional,and I will use headphones without any amp,so what I have heard that there arent good without amp and Im better off with momentum,is that true?

May 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 37
I haven't used them, but I know that the Sony MDR-1R and Ultrasone Pro 900 are in that price range and are well regarded around here.  You'll also find them for a good deal cheaper than the beats pro.

May 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:
 Next thing is build quality, from what I saw on the internet beats pro I think is better chioce when it comes to the build.
 So,if someone could give me andvice I would really appreciate it :)

Beats are a terrible choice as far as build quality is concerned. All of their models break easily, often within a year or less. The Pros specifically have an issue where the folding hinge severs the wires inside. The positive reviews you see for Beats are from consumers who are not knowledgeable on the subject and have been heavily influenced by Beats marketing. I'd say the Momentums win by default given what a poor product the Beats are, but I agree that they aren't the best suited for your needs. Look at the Ultrasone Pro 900's, V-Moda M100's, and Denon D600's. All of them get criticism from some for being colored, but they should work if you like bass.

May 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #7 of 37
Go with the Beats Pro if all you listen to is rap and other bassy music, especially if you have no plans to use an amp.
The momentum is pretty weak in the bass department and you will find it lacking when you use it for rap.

May 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:
I haven't used them, but I know that the Sony MDR-1R and Ultrasone Pro 900 are in that price range and are well regarded around here.  You'll also find them for a good deal cheaper than the beats pro.

Just because they're overpriced does not mean they are "horrid 'phones." And IMO the Pro's are better for OP's genres than the MDR1R's.

May 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 37
Here they've recently dropped in price to under $300 on Amazon. At that price, I think they're a great deal if you listen to electronica and like bass, but also clarity. The detail is quite good, and the accessories it comes with are impressive. They include two detachable cables, a carrying case, and an extra pair of earpads.

May 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 37
as for build quality of beats pros ,many reviewers says that these are build like a tank,all construction is made out of metal . Now I have only sennheiser cx310 earbuds,which in my opinion also have a decent sound quality and bass is kind a good,but not as tight,and deep as I want,how would compare beats pro ,momentums and ultrasone with these? :)

May 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:
But the fact that they break so easily does mean that they are horrid phones, regardless of price.

blink.gif
 I was not aware that they were prone to breaking. Felt solid enough when I tried them out.

Quote:
as for build quality of beats pros ,many reviewers says that these are build like a tank,all construction is made out of metal . Now I have only sennheiser cx310 earbuds,which in my opinion also have a decent sound quality and bass is kind a good,but not as tight,and deep as I want,how would compare beats pro ,momentums and ultrasone with these?
smily_headphones1.gif

Having metal construction is not always a good thing for headphones. It makes them unnecessarily heavy and stiff. Add very high clamping force and an on-ear design and you have the most uncomfortable pair of headphones I've ever tried. So I'm not recommending the Pro's in any way but it just bugs me that some people on these forums make general blanket statements on headphones that they've never tried.

May 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:
as for build quality of beats pros ,many reviewers says that these are build like a tank,all construction is made out of metal . Now I have only sennheiser cx310 earbuds,which in my opinion also have a decent sound quality and bass is kind a good,but not as tight,and deep as I want,how would compare beats pro ,momentums and ultrasone with these?
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Beats Pro and they are pretty tough, I have no issues with the build quality. As far as I'm concerned they are like every other audiophile headphone, as long as you don't throw them around like a boomerang they should last you a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back