Beats Pro sound with Beyerdynamic comfort?
Jun 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

soundslikebliss

Head-Fier
Hello!  

I'm in love with big bass headphones like my beats pro, monster inspiration, beats executive, and v-moda m-100.

These are all uncomfortable to me though after more than about 2 hours of use as they all touch and smash my (normal sized) ears into my head. 

Is there a headphone with comfort similar to beyerdynamic's AROUND the ear (and lovely velour) pads WITH the big rattling bass sound? (preferably something closest to the signature of monster inspiration with noise canceling turned on).  I can wear a dt770, dt880, dt990, or t5p for hours :)

OH! and preferably a can that doesn't require an amp.  And budget of about 1000? I'm open to all suggestions. 

Thanks! 
-bliss

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello!  

I'm in love with big bass headphones like my beats pro, monster inspiration, beats executive, and v-moda m-100.

These are all uncomfortable to me though after more than about 2 hours of use as they all touch and smash my (normal sized) ears into my head. 

Is there a headphone with comfort similar to beyerdynamic's AROUND the ear (and lovely velour) pads WITH the big rattling bass sound? (preferably something closest to the signature of monster inspiration with noise canceling turned on).  I can wear a dt770, dt880, dt990, or t5p for hours :)

OH! and preferably a can that doesn't require an amp.  And budget of about 1000? I'm open to all suggestions. 

Thanks! 
-bliss

Denon AH-D600 has really strong bass with good comfort, and they don't need an amp. D7100 should be similar to that as well, if you are looking for more expensive hps.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 3
i've tried the ah-d600's at a dixons, but I remembered that the bass wasn't to my liking, or they just didn't get loud enough.  haven't tried the d7100's yet.  I'll look for a place to demo.  thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back