Beats pro OR Crossfade LP
Dec 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

FinnTheHumen

New Head-Fier
I'm into bass and soundstage(like a 3d effect) 

I would never get the beats brand but at $199.99 for 500 dollar headphone
tongue_smile.gif
http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

But i been thinking about the crossfades also because the style and custom ear shields  http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp2-limited-edition-matte-black/

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 15
Maybe the M80 instead.  The LPs were on sale on amazon for like 75 and even then people who bought them greatly regretted that purchase.

Even after hearing the Beats Pro myself, I don't think I'd pay 100 for them.

Spend 180 and get the M80s which are supposed to be really good.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 15

Quote:
Maybe the M80 instead.  The LPs were on sale on amazon for like 75 and even then people who bought them greatly regretted that purchase.

Even after hearing the Beats Pro myself, I don't think I'd pay 100 for them.

Spend 180 and get the M80s which are supposed to be really good.

I  think I ruined my ears for the LPs by going with the SR60is for the last month. Didn't last half an hour with the LPs before packing them up to go back.

But they look sweet and the accessories and packaging are first rate. If the M80s keep that up and are a decent companion to the Grados and M50 I already have, just need to wait for payday. 
beyersmile.png

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 15
m80 are way better than the lp.

if not, the beats pro aren't as bad as people say, for that price. it isn't a bad deal.

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #6 of 15
At that price I'd rather pick Beats Pro, they are better than the V-Moda LP2, don't know about soundstage but LP2 doesn't really have that impressive soundstage, quite average.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 15
I haven't heard the LP2s, but I do have the LPs (well my wife has them now).  The Beats Pro, beats the LP in every way.  I love base/sub bass, which the Beats Pro do very well while still maintaining great separation between the mids and highs, but the LP's bass in my opinion is really muddy and bloated (a little more like the Beats Studio to my ears).  This is only my humble opinion, but you will have to hear them for yourself to see how they sound to your ears.  If you do get the Pros though, make sure they are a legitimate pair, as I'm sure more than half of the ones being sold on ebay are fakes.  I'm pretty sure the fakes are what helps to give the Beats a negative impression also - even to bass heads.

Edit:  My comparison was based primarily listening to hip hop and rap music from an unamped source.

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #9 of 15
If somebody put a gun to my head and made me choose a pair of beats headphones I would absolutely choose the Pro's (though that is the only way I would buy a pair of beats) . . . I have never heard the Crossfade LP's, but from what I see around these head-fi forums, they aren't good headphones . . . in fact a lot of people go as far as to say that they sound WORSE than beats!
eek.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
If somebody put a gun to my head and made me choose a pair of beats headphones I would absolutely choose the Pro's (though that is the only way I would buy a pair of beats) . . . I have never heard the Crossfade LP's, but from what I see around these head-fi forums, they aren't good headphones . . . in fact a lot of people go as far as to say that they sound WORSE than beats!
eek.gif

worse than beats? o.O never thought that was possible
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back