Beats Headphones by Dr. Dre
Sep 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

electropop

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.. Hope i won't get banned for this
smily_headphones1.gif

But give me your thoughts. They are obviously marketed for the "basic listener" (sorry for my poor English, hope i didn't offend anyone), and they are not the cheapest phones.. You could get closed AKG's or even Senn HD-25s for that price.. or both actually
smily_headphones1.gif

Could they be good? Speculate!

ps. If someone has tried these please share your experience with us..

.. if you dare!

Sep 16, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Oh sorry never mind this thread.. I just realized they were noise-canceling cans..
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 8
They are actually very good. Do a search, there's like a 30 page thread on it. Just ignore all the biased bashing in most of those posts. Absolutely senseless, but there are a few very detailed and dependable reviews on there.

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 8
They sound alright, but they fail since they don't have a passive mode.

That's right, you HAVE to use the noise canceling feature.

And when your batteries run out, you're done listening to these headphones...

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 8
The sound quality is excellent even with active noise canceling. Very little hiss. I don't think that there's really any other active noise canceling phones that are better than the Beats (there's a pair of Senns that sound similar but are more expensive). However, it is true that when your batteries die, so does your audio. However, the battery life on these things are pretty darn good (you will not be having to replace the batteries too often). Best thing to do, go to the Apple store near you and plug them straight into your DAP.

Sep 17, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound quality is excellent even with active noise canceling. Very little hiss. I don't think that there's really any other active noise canceling phones that are better than the Beats (there's a pair of Senns that sound similar but are more expensive). However, it is true that when your batteries die, so does your audio. However, the battery life on these things are pretty darn good (you will not be having to replace the batteries too often). Best thing to do, go to the Apple store near you and plug them straight into your DAP.

I don't have much experience with noise-canceling headphones. I've tried the senns but they totally suck.. in my opinion
smily_headphones1.gif

Even the big and most expensive ones.. Very box-like and thin.. ugh.

Bose quietcomfort 3 sounded quite good.. not $400 good but nevertheless best in the canceling line. Somewhat similar to my hd-25's.. But again, not quite.

I've heard/read good things about Audio Technica ATH-ANC7's..

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #8 of 8
I like the AT's but they sounded on par with the Bose. The Beats beats the snot off of them both. Very well defined sound and the lowest amount of hiss (when no music is playing) out of all the active noise canceling sets currently on the market. $350 is pushing in though, if they were $300 then it would have been a bargain. They are very comfy as well and light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back