Beats De.Dre Solo\Studio Vs HD598 or maybe other
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 25

ATH-M50,Shure SRH440,Ultrasone HFi-580 and MK2 are all HUGE headphones.  If he wants to take them out, I'd go for that denon D1100 over anything listed in the above two posts, not to bash them but the TC said he will take them out.  

The best sets I out there for portability in your budget are the Sennheiser HD25-II, the Bowers P5, the Audio Technica ESW9, and the Phiaton MS400.  The others on the top of the list are too big for portability in my opinion.  The sony Z500, the M50, the Shure 440, the HFI 580...my goodness they are just massive full size sets :p lol

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 25
Even the Beats studios fail to reach these levels I'm afraid.  It's not a bad sounding headphone as it has a decent bass heavy sound signature.  It's just a bit overpriced for the features and sound quality it offers, especially when one looks at other quality headphones in its price range.

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 25

Quote:

ATH-M50,Shure SRH440,Ultrasone HFi-580 and MK2 are all HUGE headphones.  If he wants to take them out, I'd go for that denon D1100 over anything listed in the above two posts, not to bash them but the TC said he will take them out.  

The best sets I out there for portability in your budget are the Sennheiser HD25-II, the Bowers P5, the Audio Technica ESW9, and the Phiaton MS400.  The others on the top of the list are too big for portability in my opinion.  The sony Z500, the M50, the Shure 440, the HFI 580...my goodness they are just massive full size sets :p lol

i take large full size sets out all the time. anything can be portable if your willing to use it as a portable. only exception are really hard to drive cans.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #23 of 25

Quote:

I bring my full-sized ones ALL the time 0.0

Quote:
sorry if double is wrong here but , the beats are half sounds of the headphones you gave me ? even the studio one ? the studio isnt reach to thoose lvls of sounds ?

To give an example, the Studios probably has 2/3 of the Audio Technica M50's sound quality.

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #25 of 25

Welcome to head-fi GuyEyn

If you're looking for good portable headphones you might want to check out the link below. The DT1350's seem to be all the rage nowadays on here and I'm currently waiting for a pair to be delivered to me. I can't really comment how they sound, considering I still haven't heard them, but if you do a search on here you'll find tons of posts from people who seem to love them.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back