Beats De.Dre Solo\Studio Vs HD598 or maybe other
Jul 8, 2011 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

GuyEyn

New Head-Fier
Hey all , 
i thought about buying a new headphones next to the siberia v2 i got in my house , now im at travel in USA so i can buy it easly and less money than where i live , i thought about the headphones i wrote at the title , so i need your help :) 

Solo And Studio are really style and cool and beauty but i heard the solo sound is just solid , how goes the sound on those two , and how is the HD598 in compare to the beats , if you could give me more information or help me to choose it will be very helpful and nice

Thank All :)

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 25
Beats aren't liked much around here.
popcorn.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 25
Ok , but i asked the professional opinion i mean without any emotion or take a side , just technical info , they're sound how it goes , does it good , good bass , stuff like that

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 25
Beats = good sound, but not worth the money. They are worth a third of what you will pay for them.

The HD598 on the other hand are worth twice of what you will pay for them 

I love my HD598, and would never go for a Beats. But the HD598

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 25
Ok , and about the HD598 , i can go with them on the street , and use the ipod with them ? because i have 1 headphones for the computer , i just look for kinda comforable headphones that i go freely with them anywhere , and they will look awesome and wont be weird on me and not clamsy , btw thanks on the help

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 25
Ok , understood , i can take the HD598 and go around with that to anywhere i want ? you conviced me and also i knew that the beats are really overpriced but the HD598 can go with me anywhere , i mean the also for using with the ipod and so ? 

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 25
thats why i want to take the beats , they're light , and i can take it outside .. but you say the sounds doesnt worth the price so .. i really dont know what to pick as my music headphones , maybe you have other suggestions ?

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 25
The beats are on the large side for portable headphones and dont sound very nice at all, its definitely a bad deal unless you can get them very cheap and used.  The HD598 sounds excellent, but its an open back type of headphone, and the Beats are closed back.  Meaning the HD598 vents sound and doesnt have a solid backside plate on the earcups to keep the sound in, its meant for home use only.  I use mine every day when I sit out side where i live, im alone out there in the mornings so its okay.  But anyone within 20 feet can hear everything I hear.  With the beats, its a little less noticeable because its a closed back set but they are still notorious for leaking sound.  

For this budget range you can do better.  The beats sound pretty terrible compared to the HD598.  Can you give us your budget, how much you are willing to spend?

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #12 of 25
Oh man with that budget you can do great in portables.  Check out the Bowers and Wilkins P5 or the Sennheiser HD25-II  ( important that its the HD25 version II )
Both of these just smash the beats in quality and even price.  They are actually portable, the beats really are not portable.  

This is the best topic to look at, it compares all the best portable headphones, but I strongly suggest either of these.  They are both built like tanks and wont break anywhere near as easily as the beats, but more importantly they do not leak much sound to others nearby.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-84-portable-headphones-reviewed-fischer-audio-fa-004-koss-ur55-added-06-06

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #15 of 25
GuyEyn, if you looking for headphones that are good with ipods and the outdoors, there are much options available than what the Beats' line offers.  Here are some suggestions for ya:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Denon AH-D1100

Shure SRH440

Ultrasone HFi-580

The Denon and the Ultrasone boast the deepest and strongest bass response of this group, while still maintaining excellent overall sound quality.  The Shures and the M50 have a more balanced sound signature that is not quite as bassy as the other two(though their bass response is still very good).  What they all have in common(besides stellar audio and portability) is they work quite well with portable payers such as your ipod for example. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back