Beats by Dre or Shure SRH840 for portable use?
Oct 27, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i got these wicked earbuds the other day.
Heartbeats by lady gaga

"I'm inspired by fashion in such an intense way. I can't even...I mean when I write music, I think about the clothes I'll have when singing it...I mean I really dress for the part and make music for the dress."

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nierika /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I'm inspired by fashion in such an intense way. I can't even...I mean when I write music, I think about the clothes I'll have when singing it...I mean I really dress for the part and make music for the dress."

Well she looks like a dick on stage (no pun intended), so no wonder the music is ****

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Well she looks like a dick on stage (no pun intended), so no wonder the music is ****

ROFL!
I think so too
Her music is really screwed in a way

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #22 of 33
got curious and listened to my friend's Beats, never actually realized how overpriced they are

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by exe163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet they spent more money advertising than actually developing these phones.

no doubt...

+1 for shures. id probably go for thge SRH440's if your gonna use em unamped

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by sphb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Overpriced?

That's why they needed Dr Dre
That's why they needed Lady Gaga
That's why they needed *add in suitable junk*

how about insuitable junk instead?
Like.. lady gagas junk.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

how about insuitable junk instead?
Like.. lady gagas junk.

ewww.... Not too graphic please

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #27 of 33
If I have to choose between two it would be sure shure !
But think that those two are not good for portable use !
I would go for hd 25 1 mkIIIIII...... and if looks is primary and I suppose it is than change the pads with velour red.. or some other .... !!
And if you think that scullcandy is an option , change your haircut and buy a transistor !

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #28 of 33
I got a rare chance to listen to a .beats today as this guy on the bus had them. He stared at me like I was an alien when I asked him if he wouldn't mind if I had a 30 second listen. He listens to pop rock and much to my horror was playing Short Stack. Anyways what to say. They look nice. From my brief experience, bass was far to much for me. On a bus you have tonnes of noise and the seal was pretty poor. Could be my hair, I don't know.

I do like the 840s.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #29 of 33
Could be more for listening hip hop, the headphones are not bad. But they need still to be improved. Would be better if they spent money on developing instead advertising.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #30 of 33
I would get neither of these for portable use. For portable use, I think that the cheaper Shure SRH440 or SRH750DJ will be better suited for this task. Also, if you don't mind in-ear headphones, Hifiman RE0 at $99 will blow away any sub-$200 full-size for portable use IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back