Beats by Dre Mixr - Sound loss is switching *problem unsolved*
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

anthonizad

New Head-Fier
Hi. First of all - I'm new to this forum, and i guess i put this thread in the wrong section, im sorry.

So...
I think my beats by dre Mixr headset is defective. The sound only comes from the side where i put the cord, and the opposite side won't work. I have actually no clue what the problem is. The cord is working great (i've tried it on friends headphones), so it must be the headphones. And I've also tried with other cords (still the same problem)

I've read about people getting this same problem with their beats headphones, but no one has really gotten a concrete answer - therefore i started this thread.

Please, if you're familiar with this problem and know how to solve it - leave a comment.

And also, dont judge me for wearing beats. Bought them from a friend for 30$, and they're not fake.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 4
It's not much of a mystery. The wire connection between the two earcups has shorted out. Send it in for repair.

You can check if this is true by taking two cords and plugging one into each earcup, then connect them to separate sources. Most likely each earcup will play the separate songs and the "daisy chain" effect will no longer work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back