Beats by Dre insane sale today, worth it?
Jan 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Newbie5174

New Head-Fier
I know they aren't well liked around here, but I can get a studio beats by dre for $75, or the massive pro set for $100, instead of $350 and $450. At this price, they have to be a good buy right? Or would I still be better off with just a grado sr60i or something? I like a lot of bass, and I may be a cretin but I also don't like sennheiser's flat balanced sound particularly. Thoughts? I hope someone responds soon I'm trying to make a decision asap.

EDIT: Apparently this was a computer glitch! The 50% off was only supposed to apply to new items and NOT refurbs, so Beats Pro would've been $200 new with the coupon or $200 refurb. Had to call cust service to get this sorted out. Monster decided to be honorable and take all orders that got through before the glitch though! Thanks guys!!! My lucky day. Great company.

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 24
The Monster Beats Pro actually measure pretty well.  They are just over priced.

If you can pick up a pair of the Beats Pro for under $200 I would say go for it.  The Studios are not so good.

Here are Tyll's measurements:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterBeatsPro.pdf

Here are the charts for the Studios:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterBeatsStudio.pdf

See the terrible 30Hz square wave response and the severe roll off in the bass?  Ouch!

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 24
Direct from the manufacturer. Monster had a one time half off the whole site today promotion, so a new pair of pros would be $225, and a refurb is $100. The site went down during my checkout so I'm trying to get it completed over the phone, apparently theyre sold out :frowning2: might not get it...

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 24
Well, if they are real, buy them and sell them at a later date. You can make a lot of profit. Just buy them for the sale price, then put them on sale on Amazon for $50 off the retail. And you will already have doubled your money with each sale. 

That said, I'm with others in thinking this sounds suspicious. 

EDIT: Oh okay. So you are getting it direct. Ignore my comment above then.

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 24
Wow that is a really good deal compared to what they usually go for.

That said, one could wonder why a company would cut their price in half.
I have no idea if other companies do that too with their headphones but I can't imagine what their profits are like without the discounts if they can sell them at half price and still be happy with it. 

I just saw that you said they were refurbs. That could explain it then. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 24

Quote:
Wow that is a really good deal compared to what they usually go for.

That said, one could wonder why a company would cut their price in half.
I have no idea if other companies do that too with their headphones but I can't imagine what their profits are like without the discounts if they can sell them at half price and still be happy with it. 

I just saw that you said they were refurbs. That could explain it then. 

Beats by Dre and Monster are no longer collaborating on headphones so this is probably what spurred the large sale as Monster purges all their Beats related inventory.

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 24
Lets say, you have an issue with them (refurbished) can you return them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back