Beats By Dr. Dre
Jun 13, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plenty of bass but no control or clarity in the bass or the mids and highs. Just what 90% of Pop youth would enjoy. But a bit pricely especially considering that these kids will need to start saving for hearing aids in thier 40's if they listen to these Dre's like the store display puts it out.
The clerk tired to point out the big red "Turn it UP" button when all I could think of was "how do you turn them down!"

Being a high school student, my friends couldn't imagine why I'd want to invest $500+ on a headphone setup when I could just buy some beats by dr. dre. Then again, they all only listen to Eminem and Lil' Wayne. But I guess that's what you get when you slap a big name on a poorly made, over-marketed product. You make money off those who act as if Dre actually has a PhD in acoustics. As if his name on the headphones increases their quality. As if he's actually endorsing the product for any other reason than a marketing contract. Hell, the kids I know who'd buy those cans are more interested in how they look than how they sound. For those who actually research their purchases and want to be assured they're getting high quality gear there's always Head-Fi
k701smile.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #33 of 38
im new to the forum so... hi! XD

ive tried the Monster Beats and i have to say that they are almost exactly like Sony's Extra Bass $80 xb500 headphones less the amplification. i was very interested in the Beats at first because im a basshead and an audiophile. my grado, yuin, and akg headphones werent satisfying my bass craving. beats are way overpriced for their sound. im gonna try denons next

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoseFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're no Bose.

Leave. Now.

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #36 of 38
oh great now we being invaded by them.

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #37 of 38
hey, he has 5 posts, maybe we should try and get him to buy the HF2
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #38 of 38
With a user name like BoseFan I fear for his safty here. I wouldn't do it even if my real name was Bose.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back