Beats by Dr.Dre (tour edition) quick glance
Apr 3, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #16 of 47
I've tried it in the J&R, don't like the overwhelming bass, maybe it's because of the bass I felt it's towards to the warm side. for Rap, Hip pop, Jazz. Rock is good, for all others No I don't think so.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicpath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried it in the J&R, don't like the overwhelming bass, maybe it's because of the bass I felt it's towards to the warm side. for Rap, Hip pop, Jazz. Rock is good, for all others No I don't think so.

I didn't find the bass over done with these like they are in the bose in ear. As I suggested, it would be best to adjust your EQ levels for the music you are listening to. Most of us do I would imagine regardless as you can't just paintbrush any setup to be ideal for everything out of the box.

I've also sent an email to Monster to see if they will send me the specs for these as well as better earplug options ie foam type and a longer warranty period like my shures

Apr 5, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by soNburst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know the difference between these and the turbines?

I'd like to know too.

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #22 of 47
The Beats Tour casing is made of metal. They sound pretty darn good actually, at least for a pair of $150 earphones. The sound isn't recessed and there is noticeable bass to these but not at all overwhelming or thunderous like the Atrios. These are also not earphones that are analytical like a pair or Ety's so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere. Comparing them to the EX700s I use to own, the EX700 wins by bringing more details up front but there's also about $100 price difference between the EX700s and the Beat Tours. Quality is pretty good but these are mass produced in probably big batches, my friend's pair was DOA and he had to exchange them two days later, but then again, he pretty much picked up a pair the same week they were released so it could be a problem with the initial batches, QA as with any product gets better later on so I would come to think that there shouldn't be any QA issues at this point since they have been out for a little while now. If you need musical in-ears, these are a very good choice for the sub $200 market. These also edge out most armature based earphones on the market as well. A fuller and wider soundstage without the veil (a lot of armature based earphones makes that sacrifice, to add warmth it introduces veiling or else the sacrifice the low end in preference to gaining clarity).

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicpath /img/forum/go_quote.gif

J&R will let you demo these? J&R in nyc right?

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #24 of 47
The wires look like those strawberry laces
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #26 of 47
I'm new to this Hi-Fi earphones business, I got these beats tour and found it really great! I listen from Classical to Jazz and to Pop, Rock and other kinds of stuff, it works well for all of them. The only thing is I guess it's the same problem you guys have with the Turbines.... the ear tips!

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #27 of 47
I just got mine a week ago and everyday they sound better to me. I love the bass, but i wish they had included a shirt clip. None of the ones from my other phones will work since it is a flat wire. Any one have any suggestions?? i already emailed Orlando Madrid(cs guy) at Monster and waiting for response. I also asked them to send me extra set of eartips since my dumb ***** lost one under car seat when trying to change them while driving, and i got response same day and got the tips today.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #28 of 47
The price isn't that bad and somewhat close to the Turbines. If what others are saying that the two products are different and that "monster spent developing them two different time periods and energies", I guess I'm willing to pickup a pair to test drive them. If I find a pair for under $120 shipped, or allows me to return within 90 days, I'll give it a go.

Also, for those Beats By Dre Tour owners, did you also feel the overwhelming bass when you first used your product? Did you burn them in to clear up the bass? Tell me if you hear a difference.

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #30 of 47
From what I've understood the Dre tour suffers from the comparison with the turbine.
The turbine have according to reviews a slightly better sound (more balanced, and better clarity). Also not everyone have the courage to wear "SATA cable" (not IDE, ok).
The DRE are less comfortable too.. And finally the turbine seems more robust .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back