Beats by Dr.Dre (tour edition) quick glance
Apr 3, 2009 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

measuredpath

New Head-Fier
I just picked up the IEM headphones from best buy.. After owning a fair share of IEM's and usually pretty picky with them. I recently discovered these lovely set.

Packaging is very good (overly done though) and comes with 5 different ear pieces (2 3 flanged, 3 single) I still prefer some better tip options ie foam. You also get a nice carrying case with it as well. Instructions are at a minimum, although, not a big deal as they are all IEM's are easy to use
bigsmile_face.gif

In regards to sound quality I was rather surprised with how rich the sound is. The treble is good with no tinny sound to it at all, mid range is good . As for the bass, well, I was afraid they would be over done considering who's name is on the box. I find the bass to be deep enough, but not overly done like they were in the bose in ear and stronger than the Shure 210's. If your listening to an Ipod per se then make sure you have your audio check on so you can experience the best sound stage, they also gave a very nice soundstage comparable to what my cans could do (you know that feeling when you close your eyes and the music surrounds you minus the feeling of movement). If need be the EQ adjustments on the ipods will help fine tune the desired sound if you prefer.

The tangle free wire is of a nice silicon type material and didn't seem to cause much of a tangle issue. The cool factor is a nice little treat if you're into that sorta thing. I can see this wire creating less of an issue with frays down the road as others have been prone to do. Knowing monster quality, be it overpriced in regards to how they contruct cables, will be an asset. My main gripe is the 1 yr limited warranty, as I'd much prefer to see 2yrs with products like this. I'd recommend these pair to anyone looking for a new kid on the block that comes into the mid range market place. The only real other negative I can say goes to the ear pieces, I found they weren't the best fitting set and I had to reinsert them every so often if I was using them on my mac/ipod.

beatsinear.jpg

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 47
i am very interested in hearing the tour beats but doubt i will get the chance as i am again moving countries and i guess the new country will not have monster products as they seem only to be popular in north america.

look great though! hope you enjoy.

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 47
I wouldn't doubt if the only difference between them and the Turbine's is the looks... and i like the looks of the Turbine's better.

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 47
Mid range is "goo"? That's pretty much what I expected from Dr. Dre. I've come to believe he may not be a doctor at all! If it wasn't for George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic he would be Dr. Nobody
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #10 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foe-hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't doubt if the only difference between them and the Turbine's is the looks... and i like the looks of the Turbine's better.

I agree that the turbines look better. But if the only difference are the looks, why would the beats get "maximum tangle resistance" cables and the turbines wouldn't?

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mid range is "goo"? That's pretty much what I expected from Dr. Dre. I've come to believe he may not be a doctor at all! If it wasn't for George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic he would be Dr. Nobody
biggrin.gif

that was supposed to be good. I find the more I listen to them the better they sound. I spend almost 6 hrs on and off usage last night. They are made of a metal driver enclosure and plastic housing that surrounds this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back