Beats are good? NAHHHH!
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 46
Cant say I agree with some of his comments they seem generic to me and underwhelming the intelligence of the average consumer... arguably the avg 'beats' consumer might want bass and those features... but then isnt that just targeting a sector of the market like the diff between current phones stengths/weaknessess...

i mean wouldn't it be like getting a bull in a china shop with a red flag to box important ornaments vs getting the real deal designed to do its job, no?

I think what hes saying is "i dont know what im tallking about and why am i bothering to tell those in the know consumers see quality differently"
well technically all markets are like that with consumers...

and all consumers who become interested are happy to listen and those that arent never would listen well until they have been verbally so to speak 'beaten around the block 100times' by various people.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #19 of 46
My curiosity is why he feels the need to defend them. Why does he care that people are criticizing a product.

I can promise you that if you setup a headphone display at a store with a handful of $200 headphones where their appearance is obscured where you don't know which model they are, very few average consumers will choose Beats.

And yes, I have some Sony headphones from CVS that cost less than $20 that sound better than the low end Beats - they even have a ton of bass.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #20 of 46
I don't care that so many people buy beats, they are just expensive fashion accessories. What annoys me is a lot of people who own them think their beats are very good, top of the line in terms of sound quality. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:
I don't care that so many people buy beats, they are just expensive fashion accessories. What annoys me is a lot of people who own them think their beats are very good, top of the line in terms of sound quality. 

i have experience with that too. my friend asked me how much i got for my sony z1000 and then said i got ripped off, i should have just gotten beats instead. he said beats make him think hes in the studio or in a club or something

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

i have experience with that too. my friend asked me how much i got for my sony z1000 and then said i got ripped off, i should have just gotten beats instead. he said beats make him think hes in the studio or in a club or something

Haha yes one of my friends has a the beats solo HD. He knows I am into headphones so told me how good the beats are and how the 'HD' version are apparently better than the normal version (although he could not explain in what way). I tried to explain to him how bad the beats are and let him listen to my Grado's and Denon D2000. He said the D2000 sounded Ok but said they looked bad so he wouldn't buy them. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #23 of 46
Quote:
Haha yes one of my friends has a the beats solo HD. He knows I am into headphones so told me how good the beats are and how the 'HD' version are apparently better than the normal version (although he could not explain in what way). I tried to explain to him how bad the beats are and let him listen to my Grado's and Denon D2000. He said the D2000 sounded Ok but said they looked bad so he wouldn't buy them. 

thats still better than my friend saying my z1000 is not worth the price without listening to it and claims the beats he auditioned, not owned, is the best headphone

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #24 of 46

I can see it. I let a few friends and family members listened to the D2000 and beats studio at a family function (age 16-35) the general vote is the studio sounds better. I then believe its the bloated bass/vibration and recess everything is what they like (I guess nothing offensive as unrefined music/sound is everywhere radio, YouTube, tv etc). They say they don't like the highs of the D2000, the bass doesn't vibrate as strong, the D2000 are too big/bulky, and looks boring/outdated/silly.

Sigh* I can see where he is coming from and that is why it's my hobby.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #25 of 46
Quote:
I can see it. I let a few friends and family members listened to the D2000 and beats studio at a family function (age 16-35) the general vote is the studio sounds better. I then believe its the bloated bass/vibration and recess everything is what they like (I guess nothing offensive as unrefined music/sound is everywhere radio, YouTube, tv etc). They say they don't like the highs of the D2000, the bass doesn't vibrate as strong, the D2000 are too big/bulky, and looks boring/outdated/silly.

the sound effect of sighing lol
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Yes I think in general people seem to think of 'good bass' as there being lots of it. They do not seem to understand that there are different bass notes that should be separate and not just blended into one big rumbling sound. Apart form the bass being bloated I thought the highs on the Solos were shrill, the mids extremely recessed, overall the sound was lacking in detail and clarity. Although I think a headphone like the D2000 actually has deeper bass it is something many people also fail to recognise. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Yes I think in general people seem to think of 'good bass' as there being lots of it. They do not seem to understand that there are different bass notes that should be separate and not just blended into one big rumbling sound. Apart form the bass being bloated I thought the highs on the Solos were shrill, the mids extremely recessed, overall the sound was lacking in detail and clarity. Although I think a headphone like the D2000 actually has deeper bass it is something many people also fail to recognise. 

i think most people think more bass=better sound quality

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #29 of 46
I'm sorta surprised that your D2000's weren't met with a positive response. How bassy is it? I've heard they were bassy, but are they XB500 bassy? 
Quote:
thats still better than my friend saying my z1000 is not worth the price without listening to it and claims the beats he auditioned, not owned, is the best headphone

"without listening to it" 

wut.
Quote:

I find it funny that my MDR V6's are used a lot more professionally than the Beats "Studio" and "Pro"

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #30 of 46
Quote:
I'm sorta surprised that your D2000's weren't met with a positive response. How bassy is it? I've heard they were bassy, but are they XB500 bassy? 

Appearance and advertising can be powerful psychological primers when you don't know indicators to look for to determine quality. Without any knowledge to make sense of what they were hearing, they probably just reverted back to what they've been told on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back