Beatles remasters... what happened?
Jul 3, 2007 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rock&Roll Ninja

1000+ Head-Fier
Summer 2006, the music world was on fire with the announcement of the entire The Beatles catalog being remastered in DSD and released on hybrid SACD & Apple iTunes.

A year later we haven't seen a single remastered track. Not even a special 'Paul is dead' super backwards song. Nuthin'.

What happened? Did the armoured car with the only known copies get snatched by Dr. Doom? Did Abbey road just forget all about this and its been sitting on a shelf? Does Paul's ex-wife now own everything? Inquiring minds want to know™

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 5
Apparently the remasters are done but they still need to work out all the distribution details and it probably won't be until spring '08.

Or at least that's what I last heard.

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Heard the same here.

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Summer 2006, the music world was on fire with the announcement of the entire The Beatles catalog being remastered in DSD and released on hybrid SACD & Apple iTunes.

A year later we haven't seen a single remastered track. Not even a special 'Paul is dead' super backwards song. Nuthin'.

What happened? Did the armoured car with the only known copies get snatched by Dr. Doom? Did Abbey road just forget all about this and its been sitting on a shelf? Does Paul's ex-wife now own everything? Inquiring minds want to know™

I have no inside information,but I would expect the new Beatles catalog to suddenly appear just before Christmas.The introduction of the Sennheiser HD700 would not shock me either.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 5
While I too am anxiously awaiting the release of this catalog, Beatles - Love is tiding me over for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back