Beatles Remasters....Any leaks?
Aug 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 22
And speaking of torrents, there's no way I believe this Dr. Ebbets hogwash about him hanging up his illegal career because these disc sound so good. Anyone notice his decision to give up beatle bootlegging came the same week as a student being hit with a $650,000 fine for uploading?

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And speaking of torrents, there's no way I believe this Dr. Ebbets hogwash about him hanging up his illegal career because these disc sound so good. Anyone notice his decision to give up beatle bootlegging came the same week as a student being hit with a $650,000 fine for uploading?

AFAIK, he was contacted directly from Apple's legal department and that lead to his "resignation" notice.

However, I think Ebbetts isn't the be all, end all for the Beatles. I think his needledrops are ok, but not great. A bit too harsh and bright. I also know for a fact that the original UK LP's do not sound harsh.

Also, these new remasters have EQ, a tiny bit of NR and some compression/limiting. I don't know if I will get the box sets yet but I do plan on getting everything from them eventually. The question I am asking myself is if I want to get them in one swoop or not.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #18 of 22
Are the mono versions going to be released separetely later? It is really not fair that people are forced to buy the box sets if they want the mono versions on discs.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I think Ebbetts isn't the be all, end all for the Beatles. I think his needledrops are ok, but not great. A bit too harsh and bright. I also know for a fact that the original UK LP's do not sound harsh.

Nice to find someone in agreement with me. I thought the same thing about his needledrops. I wasn't impressed and also found them a bright. His legend loomed larger than his cartridge, in my mind.

I'm pretty certain you have to go boxed set for the mono version.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the mono versions going to be released separetely later? It is really not fair that people are forced to buy the box sets if they want the mono versions on discs.

My guess is no, this will never happen. I happen to agree with you that consumers should not be stuck with stereo discs, but it appears to be the situation. They figure that the weirdos who want mono will want the entire set. So I just bought the box set.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty certain you have to go boxed set for the mono version.

I am such a geek that I pre ordered the mono boxed set already.
wink.gif
Still think it's not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back