Beatles Remasters....Any leaks?
Jun 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm super anxious to hear these remasters. I'm gonna be buying it on the day it comes out, but I was wondering if there have been any leaks, even just clips of the songs.........I would hate to be anticipating these CDs for so many years only to find out when I buy them that they sound horrid. So if there's a place to download a sample track or clip, please share
smily_headphones1.gif

Dave

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm super anxious to hear these remasters. I'm gonna be buying it on the day it comes out, but I was wondering if there have been any leaks, even just clips of the songs.........I would hate to be anticipating these CDs for so many years only to find out when I buy them that they sound horrid. So if there's a place to download a sample track or clip, please share
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything--and I mean everything--you want or would ever need to know about the Beatles September remasters can be found here:

It's Official! The Beatles Remasters Thread (Pt. 7) - SH Forums

If there have been any leaks or clips, these guys would know. Keep mind that there are six threads that preceded this one, with thousands of posts.

Have fun.

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

I would hate to be anticipating these CDs for so many years only to find out when I buy them that they sound horrid.

Which is why I'm waiting for the reviews, especially since it's already been revealed that they've made them louder.

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 22
Then that confirms that they are better because now you dont have to turn them up so its less work!

Just in case people cant tell because this is the interwebs, I'm being sarcastic. Let's hope that we get lucky and some care is put into it because it's the freakin Beatles!

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 22
Quick Story:

I've downloaded every Beatles album in their cd catalog and various singles; except for the capitol albums, let it be (naked), 1, Love, and the white album. I downloaded these songs off the orginal napser back in the 90's. Yes, with 56k leaving my computer on all night for weeks.

Every time I look through the cd racks I'm tempted to buy Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, etc because I want that cd quality. Also, as a huge Beatles fan I feel like I owe it to them.

I'm in my 20's now and since the remasters are coming out I think it's time to finally buy those albums.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjoe815 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in my 20's now and since the remasters are coming out I think it's time to finally buy those albums.

Capital idea my good man.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've held off buying any of their albums short of "Love" due to the horrible Stereo work they did to most of them that I've sampled. For example on Revolver I swear that the first few tracks have the vocals almost exclusively on the right channel (or maybe the left, I can't remember), and Eleanor Rigby sounded just plain weird. After hearing the "Love" version, the Revolver version just sounds "off". Even if the Mono release isn't the greatest SQ wise (which I really hope it will be) I will most likely grab the box set when it comes out in September to finally experience The Beatles the way they're meant to be experienced.

On the subject of leaks, I'd say it's way too early to start looking for them. Hopefully they will put the SQ fears to bed when they finally emerge.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #7 of 22
Because this material is so high-profile, I've a feeling that if there are any leaks, Apple is going to quickly shut down the source(s). Though I suppose there is always good ol' peer-to-peer.

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 22
I thought most the people LOVE the original and dislike the 'colour' with the remaster albums
beyersmile.png

If the new remaster albums have the stereo version of their earlier mono albums, I will get some of them (maybe all
o2smile.gif
), to me there is painful to listen mono tracks on headphone
icon10.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by meta21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought most the people LOVE the original and dislike the 'colour' with the remaster albums
beyersmile.png

If the new remaster albums have the stereo version of their earlier mono albums, I will get some of them (maybe all
o2smile.gif
), to me there is painful to listen mono tracks on headphone
icon10.gif

To me the stereo versions of early Beatles albums are more "painful" to listen to.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 22
Jun 25, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 22
Jun 25, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$350 for the mono boxset!!!! That's just way too much money. I guess I'm picking and choosing which albums I get if they (and they better) decide to release the mono albums separately.

So I guess you won't be bidding on my mono boxset then?
happy_face1.gif

"The Beatles Mono Collection" box set- MINT! - eBay (item 330339856657 end time Jun-30-09 22:23:57 PDT)

But seriously, you can pre-order them separately at Amazon for $14.99 each. The White Album is $17.99; and Past Masters $19.99. The box sets are more expensive but if you only want the music, just buy them separately.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #15 of 22
I'll buy them separately. Long ago, I gave up on the concept of the "boxed set" being anything special. When I think of all the loot I wasted on sets like James Brown Star Time, the complete Muddy Waters, Star Trek dvds, etcs.... I just have to shake my head. The treasured box sets of the Simpsons I paid $60 can now be had near mint for $9 shipped on ebay (I know, I just bought a set to replace one that got lost). Think about it, what are you really getting more in a boxed set? $1 worth of cardboard? Anymore, it's just kind of a scam to me. And, although the Beatles remain my favorite group, I'm not buying. I'll hand pick and album or two and test the result of this latest remastering - to which little was done except using a more advanced DAC. I'm fairly positive this huge push of box sets it to try and stave off loses when the torrents start popping up. The pre-sale push is huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back