Beater IEMS
Dec 27, 2018 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Eternalmetal

Head-Fier
Like the title suggests, im looking for a decent pair of IEMs that are able to take a beating. Im normally an Ety guy (ER4S, ER4XR, HF5) and need something a bit more budget (hopefully sub $100) to use as a beater pair for doing active (but non-athletic) tasks (im a housecleaner atm). My Etys tend to last a couple of months before I get some cutting out in either ear, and I just wore out my "junk" phones - the Klipsch R6 II - in less than a month. I just got some replacement cables for the ER4 IEMs I have, but im not about to use them at work if I am going to risk their long term reliability.

Fortunately the majority of my listening at work is on audiobook, so the SQ isnt critical. The most important thing is something that can take a beating, so beefy cables and good stress relief is important. I was considering a pair with bluetooth, but horror story reviews show me that a lot of them may only last a couple months, so id rather just go with a trusty durable cable. Sound isolation like the Etys would be preferred, but ive owned Shure and Westone in the past and their isolation is just fine. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back