Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option?
Oct 22, 2014 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Hurlingfan11

New Head-Fier
I'm a Head-Fi novice. I'm looking to purchase a good set of headphones for business travel. Not specifically for music but also to play/listen to DVDs etc. I also have a softphone on my PC and I'm wondering is there a good option that would also include a built in MIC (for conference calls). Could use it with my Samsung Galaxy 5 in the airport also? Over the ear preferable. Anything under €300. I have a very basic plantronics which just plugs into USB but isn't great. Would like something that can utilize the headphone jack for in place entertainment hence why I'm looking at this. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 18
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181409712731
To use a headphone with a built in mic (assuming it only has one 3.5mm jack) you'll probably need that to use it with a computer.

You can attach a vmoda speak easy mic to headphones with a detachable cable

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 18
  I'm a Head-Fi novice. I'm looking to purchase a good set of headphones for business travel. Not specifically for music but also to play/listen to DVDs etc. I also have a softphone on my PC and I'm wondering is there a good option that would also include a built in MIC (for conference calls). Could use it with my Samsung Galaxy 5 in the airport also? Over the ear preferable. Anything under €300. I have a very basic plantronics which just plugs into USB but isn't great. Would like something that can utilize the headphone jack for in place entertainment hence why I'm looking at this. 

What kind of sound are you looking for?

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 18
I'd prefer closed back headphones as I don't want to leak noise.
The environment will vary from silent - office to nosiy -plane/airport, I'm not planning in using a speaker system
I think neutral sounding headphone might suit me better
Looked at the following but difficult to find a site that compares specs: k612pro, MA900, Fidelio X1, SoundMagic HP150, HD600, K712pro, k702 65th Anniversary, HD650
Main thing is a built in MIC. Prefer not having to add cables/peripherals to the headphone set.

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #7 of 18
The environment will vary from silent - office to nosiy -plane/airport, I'm not planning in using a speaker system
Looked at the following but difficult to find a site that compares specs: k612pro, MA900, Fidelio X1, SoundMagic HP150, HD600, K712pro, k702 65th Anniversary, HD650
Main thing is a built in MIC. Prefer not having to add cables/peripherals to the headphone set.

The ma900, k612, fidelio x1, hd600,hd650, k712 pro, and k702 are all open headphones btw.
I would really avoid comparing sound specifications. They tend to mean nothing.

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 18

The only headphones that come to mind that have an android compatible mic built in are:
Donscorpio dolphin
Vmoda m80 (1 button remote version)
Vmoda xs (1 button remote version)

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #14 of 18
Ok it appears if my options are limited if I want an a headphone set to be android compatible with built in MIC so let me remove that option. I thought that this would have been independent of the smart phone as headphone would just plug into the head phone jack. What is the difference between an open-back architecture v closed? So back to my request would like a decent headphone set that can be used to play content mainly on my PC (DVDs/Music) and double up a headphone set for calls for my Softphone (and be used to attach to a planes entertainment system for on flight movies)

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #15 of 18
Ok it appears if my options are limited if I want an a headphone set to be android compatible with built in MIC so let me remove that option. I thought that this would have been independent of the smart phone as headphone would just plug into the head phone jack. What is the difference between an open-back architecture v closed? So back to my request would like a decent headphone set that can be used to play content mainly on my PC (DVDs/Music) and double up a headphone set for calls for my Softphone (and be used to attach to a planes entertainment system for on flight movies)

Open (generally):
No isolation at all
Faster bass
Better soundstage and instrument seperation
Better overall clarity compared to closed cans for same price

Closed (very generally)
Isolation
More bass impact
Better bass extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back