beastie boys video
May 10, 2004 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jhawk22

100+ Head-Fier
Clicking channels tonight, I saw the new beastie boys video for their upcoming album "To The 5 Boroughs" on mtv. Anyway, can anyone identify the headphones Mike D is wearing or the ones the others have on. I've never seen cans that big. They look 20 years old.

Looks like there will be a sacd version of the album on June 15th.

May 10, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I love these guys dearly, but isn't time they own up to being "Beastie Men"?

May 12, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastsidemetalhd
... people were saying they had 'grown up' when they released Ill Communication, but 10 yrs down the road, they've grown old.

That was ten years ago already... dang, now I feel old...
Anyway, just had a look at the clip on quicktime.com (nice one
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I'll get that SACD) and also wondered abolut the cans. One of them looked AT I think.

May 12, 2004 at 9:03 AM Post #5 of 6
Last time I saw the clip I just wondered the same thing. What headphones are these. But youll find no luck here.

I tried asking about the headphones of Bryan Adams' Please Forgive me Video where everyone seems to be wearing BLACK CD3Ks (or is there a Sony headphone that looks like CD3K?) I thought these were not used for anything but audiophile listening purposes. Oh well.

May 13, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
That was ten years ago already... dang, now I feel old...

same here. still remember going out and buying that cd when it was released. it's scary when stuff you used to hear as a 'new' song now gets played as 'retro'. I always thought '10 years ago' meant the 70s and disco-era stuff ... not anymore i guess
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back