Be honest, I am new to use computer for music listening..
Jul 17, 2005 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cowby

Head-Fier
Don't like winamp much and dislike the UI of foobar also music match has too much ads.... Pls suggest another Music player for me which has more features (I am willing to pay if it is less than $50).

Jul 17, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Well, there's always iTunes.

Jul 17, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cowby
Don't like winamp much and dislike the UI of foobar also music match has too much ads.... Pls suggest another Music player for me which has more features (I am willing to pay if it is less than $50).

You can always change the UI of foobar with various plugins.

Jul 17, 2005 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 7
with so much great free softwares out there no way on earth am i ever going to pay $50 for a music player.

I suggest itunes also. Not alot of features, but fast and easy.

Jul 18, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 7
well yes, and no...

If you're using waveout or direct sound and outputting through the kmixer then yes, they should all sound the same.

Some of the nicer (feature wise) software players allow for ASIO or kernel streaming which allows you to bypass the kmixer and send the data straight to the dac on the soundcard. Of course not all soundcards will support ASIO. Bypassing the kmixer cleans up the sound a bit so a lot of us prefer doing so. I think only Foobar2000 and Winamp support ASIO and kernel streaming. They should sound the same if you are using the same output method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back