Be a MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!(warning:contains Rant)
Feb 4, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #106 of 129
OK...this might be the last straw!!

I went to Goodyear today to get some new tires. Please keep in mind that Goodyear is a GARAGE, full of MECHANICS!!!

I sat down to read something while I was waiting...and what do you think that they had to offer in the way of magazines?

Field and Stream? NO!!

Hot Rod? NO!!

Sports Illustrated? NOOO!!!!!

People....Shape....Vogue....and (this one is the most disturbing)...

the O (for Oxygen and/or Oprah) Magazine!!

I didn't think I'd live long enough to see Goodyear get *****whipped!!! It's bad enough that they don't have any decent male-oriented magazines...but THIS??

What, I ask you, is the world coming to? It's like it's turning upside down!!

mad.gif

Feb 4, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #107 of 129
This reminds me of a Finnish comedy series from a couple of years back. It starred these actors who usually work together on such projects, and it was called "Oh Nou!" (meaing "Oh No!"

The idea was, that men were like stereotypical women, and that the women were like men.

It basically reversed the gender roles, and the acting was well done. The women would come home from work and get a can of beer, completely disinterested in what the men were saying, one woman was cheating on her husband with a younger man. The two men were creating some drama, thinking that their best friend was suicidal because they hadn't talked to him in a while.

In its day it made the evening news and professors discussed its comment on society.

This thread just suddenly reminded me of that show. If Halcyon is lurking around, does he remember it?
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #108 of 129
Elrod-Tom,

that Goodyear must've been in a yuppy section of town. chances are that they are the same magazines which were at a dentist's office. they probably get a lot of women drivers coming in.

my Goodyear has Car & Driver, truck mags, Field and Stream, racing mags, car stereo catalogs, Japanese car modification mags, Newsweek, sports mags, Arizona travel mag, flying, etc. I think someone is bringing in their mags from home. Next time leave a few mags from your home.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #109 of 129
Man, the first thread that's made me question why this place is worth my time and money. Just kind of pathetic.

Feb 7, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #110 of 129
see this is why i love this site...
i've come away with a lot of relationship knowledge.

no more Mr. nice guy for me. unfortunately, i am by nature the nice guy. i am the guy who has those "talks" with girls that are just friends and that is as far as it goes. but i've realized that nice guys finish last, and it sux. so what should i do(i realise that i'm not gay, so there goes that option)? keep some of that nice guy stuff, and add some more mochoness into the equation?
biggrin.gif
even though i won't listen, i need that special someone to tell me that i'm spending too much on this hobby
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #111 of 129
If you're looking for 'no more Mr. Nice Guy' type advice, then http://www.fastseduction.com is a comprehensive guide, mentioned I believe in the New York Times. It is controversial, however -- the approaches towards relationships advocated on that website are definitely not for everyone.

Feb 7, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #114 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
why bring this old dead horse back up?

Pepsione1 started a "Head-Fi's greatest moments" thread to reminisce about old threads. Bad idea posting links to them at least until the policy I suggest of closing all threads automatically after 6 months is implemented
smily_headphones1.gif

On a side note....this was a whole year ago? My God...

Feb 7, 2004 at 9:23 AM Post #115 of 129
I was kind of surprised to see this one appear again. I'm just waiting for somebody to drag up the old "Headphones for toilet time" thread...

[size=xx-small]/me ducks in case it actually happens. "It wasn't my fault, really!"[/size]

Feb 7, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #116 of 129
Has the fact that most people prefer soy beans (example, soy milk as opposed to cow milk because of the diseases and vegetarian campaigns) and the plastic usage increase occured any of you "MEN"? Those are huge contributing factors to males acting more like females.

Feb 7, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #118 of 129
What is this - "standup comedy club" - There is a new Seinfeld in town?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
you're cray

standup.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back