BD DTX-900 vs Senn HD-555 for compy
Mar 17, 2006 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

arch

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've got SB X-Fi sound card and I'd like to buy headphones for it. I am limited to Sennheiser, Koss, Beyerdynamic and AKG (the only wide-spread brands in Poland). I have tried on Sennheiser HD-555 in a store, they sounded good (+warm, what could be good for a pretty bright computer source) and were very cozy. But I have heard a lot of good things about Beyerdynamic DTX-900, additionally they are cheaper. The bad thing is that I can order them only from the Internet, so I have no idea about their comfortability. This is very important to me, since i spend long hours at PC
icon10.gif
. Please tell me, if they would be a good alternative for HD-555. I have also considered Koss UR-40, but their cord is too short for PC use
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 5
I'd stick with the HD555 - the DTX900 apparently is more supraaural than circumaural and thus not as comfy, besides the build quality is supposed to be quite cheap.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 5
That's the article that made me hesitate between HD-555 and DTX-900. Still, there is no direct comparison of these two in the matter of comfortability. I'd like some1 who has tried them both to express his opinion here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back