BC official meet. IC.
Apr 21, 2007 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 155

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
It's that time of the year again. This will be my last year at head-fi without a doubt. Many move on and I will too.
So I'd like to see who would like to come. I know some people already informed me that they would like to attend a meet.

What I'm wanting first is to get to know the estimated numbers of people so I can either try my hardest to find a place or ask some others to host it somewhere they know.

I already have something weird to give away in the give away and you won't find out until much later on. When I say weird, I mean weird.
Donations for item giveaway would be nice and also, more food means more to eat. I always bring 4 or 5 huge bags of chips, 20 - 30 cans of pop, etc.

Depending on where it is, there may be a no tolerance to alcoholic drinks. (I don't oppose against it but it may be for the best)

So drop a msg in this thread if you feel even the slightest bit of interest.

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 155
Not even a week since you posted the first post... The Meet Forum is quite slow.
rolleyes.gif

What do you mean by moving on?

And yes, I am interested. Both my home and portable systems have gone through complete overhauls.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 155
I guess not many people know there is a meet and not many people check. This is the first time Ive clicked into this forum since I've joined. Maybe we can have a tag on our signatures so more people can know. Also another good thing is that we can send PMs to people in Vancouver too. So count me in right now but I really need to know when. Hope all goes well

+there were finals last week for all college students so..........

Apr 26, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 155
If I don't end up selling it first.
rolleyes.gif

I'm running through gear at an incredible rate. Complete upheaval for home AND portable system - NOTHING from the last meet has survived. NOTHING I TELL YOU!

Apr 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested. I'm now subscribed to this thread.

We'll try not to schedule it during your wedding.
wink.gif
Let us know how it goes, and does she like headphones?

Apr 26, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 155
She uses my AKG K24Ps when she needs headphones, but beyond that I don't think she cares about them much.
smily_headphones1.gif
Our wedding won't be until next summer (2008), so unless the meet being planned is that far off, I'm not too worried.
etysmile.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #11 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I don't end up selling it first.
rolleyes.gif

I'm running through gear at an incredible rate. Complete upheaval for home AND portable system - NOTHING from the last meet has survived. NOTHING I TELL YOU!

upon reading that, I thought "hmm, if you're selling the Toma, let me know"
tongue.gif
but I must resist!!

my original plan of buying a Hornet/Toma and iMod are thrown out the window. maybe re-acquiring the GV5 and ALO cable will be good enough.

a part of me wants you to sell the toma, that way I don't listen to it @ the meet and won't perk my interest in buying it..if that makes sense.

May 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #13 of 155
Ok. Maybe there are a few interests.
The item for the draw... I'm going to put the drivers in a new casing because the drivers sound pretty damn good... but that might take a while to find.

Retro headphones indeed great. Either that or I'll put up my recabled K81DJ's up for grabs.
If others would donate stuff for draw, it would be nice.

And "moving on" means I'm done with audio. I've expressed interest in this hobby and have been slowly drifting to photography and watches. MM, I love watches.

Also, trades would be interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She uses my AKG K24Ps when she needs headphones, but beyond that I don't think she cares about them much.
smily_headphones1.gif
Our wedding won't be until next summer (2008), so unless the meet being planned is that far off, I'm not too worried.
etysmile.gif

Congrats, man!
cool.gif

BTW, the meet is expected to happen around July - August.
I should have my D80 by then, hopefully.

May 9, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 155
July - August is a huge span...

I vote July. I might be away for the last 2/3rds of August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back