BayerDynamic?
Feb 25, 2006 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nickcfcg

New Head-Fier
What does everyone think of the DT880 do they have good bass? Can I listen to them on my PC without an amplifier? How about IPOD? Do the new 2005 series come in an aluminum case? Thanks this would be my first pair of good headphones and from what i have read the DT880 are excellent. Would appreciate any feedback. I've also been looking at the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro and the HFI -650. I want a headphone with clairity and bass. I listen to a lot of pearl jam, nirvana, soundgarden that type of music if that helps. My brother bought the SENN 595 awesome headphone but I find it lacks the bass I'm looking for.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickcfcg
What does everyone think of the DT880 do they have good bass? Can I listen to them on my PC without an amplifier? How about IPOD? Do the new 2005 series come in an aluminum case?...My brother bought the SENN 595 awesome headphone but I find it lacks the bass I'm looking for.

With limited listening, I thought the bass was comparable to 595.

PC - Not really. These need an amp.

iPod - No.

2005, yes. 2006, no.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickcfcg
What does everyone think of the DT880 do they have good bass? Can I listen to them on my PC without an amplifier? How about IPOD? Do the new 2005 series come in an aluminum case? Thanks this would be my first pair of good headphones and from what i have read the DT880 are excellent. Would appreciate any feedback. I've also been looking at the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro and the HFI -650. I want a headphone with clairity and bass. I listen to a lot of pearl jam, nirvana, soundgarden that type of music if that helps. My brother bought the SENN 595 awesome headphone but I find it lacks the bass I'm looking for.

DT 880 does not have what you're looking for. A great headphone yes, but it's bass light compared to the 595, needs an amp, does not work right out of an iPod, and the 2005 version does not come with an aluminum case. Use the search feature for reviews on this headphone. It does not meet your needs.

You may want to consider the DT770-80 if you're looking for bass and a form factor similar to the DT880.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 8
This isn't the first post I've seen from someone wanting a bassy headphone unamped out of the DT 880. In fact... there are a LOT of these popping up.

Popular headphones... but people really need to use the search feature at least a LITTLE bit to find out about their basic sound signature. Just the picture alone isn't going to tell you how they sound!

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 8
DT880 definately needs a good amp. I have not heard HD595 but have heard HD555 and DT880 has plenty of Bass, might not qualify as Bass heavy but I am hearing "Spirit - 12 dreams of Dr. Sardonicus" right now and it has way deep and plenty of Bass when it's called upon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #7 of 8
Well, I'm currently listening to them unamped, and I enjoy them, however my M^3 w/ STEPS and OPA627/637 is being shipped as I speak, so I will have to do comparisons later.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:45 AM Post #8 of 8
I too am surprised that you found the HD595 lacking in bass. The bass is not as up front as you might want it, but it is definitely very prominent. A pair of closed headphones like the DT770 would seem like a logical choice to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back