Bay Area Meet: Impressions!
Jun 8, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #16 of 80
Guys I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the meet. I really wanted to attend but I also want to remain married,so the choice was easy.As soon as I learn how to have sex with myself I can attend all the meets whenever I want.
biggrin.gif

It sounds as though you guys had a blast and I hate to miss a good time where I get use other peoples gear,eat their food and use a strange new toilet.I would very much love for someone to post a complete gear list.Maybe? Please? Did you guys get a chance to hear the Emmeline HR2? I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to bring the new battery powered prototype,it is a fantastic amp.I also wanted to bug Tyll with my long,long Tube Amp Wish List.Maybe I'll bug Pete Millet(my tube amp hero) with it instead.

Hey, where are the pictures? It's always cool to hear how much fun you guys have but the pics are the proof, we want to see the evidence.

Jun 8, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 80
Sorry Tube, there was food and fun, but if you had to go I made you hike it to the AM/PM about a mile away.
biggrin.gif

There were a couple of cameras there and I know they took pictures (perhaps they were just casing the joint). You may only see pics of the eggrolls and deli trays, but at some serious resolution.

My best attempt at gear recollection.....

Amps and sources:
  1. HeadRoom Blockhead
  2. Stax Omega II/SRM-007t
  3. Meridian CDP
  4. Linn Ikemi CDP
  5. Meier HA-1 Mk. II
  6. Meier HA-2
  7. Meier Prehead
  8. Ray Samuels Emmeline HR-2
  9. Sugden Headmaster
  10. PPA Prototype
  11. Singlepower Supra
  12. Singlepower MPX3
  13. Berning MicroZOTL
  14. Stax Basic
  15. VPI Scout
  16. Melos Gold
  17. Philips 963A
  18. (2) HeadRoom Max
  19. HeadRoom/Pete Millett tube amp prototype
  20. Sony SCD-C555ES
  21. N.E.W. P-3 pre-amp and A-20.1 power amp
  22. Exposure 2010 CDP (Nice unit)

Headphones:
  1. HD600 w/ Cardas Balanced cable
  2. Grado RS-1 w/ balanced cable
  3. (3) Grado RS-1
  4. Grado RS-2
  5. Allesandro/Grado Music Series Pro
  6. (2 or 3) Grado SR-325
  7. (2) AKG K-1000
  8. (2) Beyerdynamic DT880s
  9. Beyer DT990 (600 ohm)
  10. Grado HP-1000/HP-1
  11. Audio Technica W2002 and other AT headphones that I cannot remember what they are called.
  12. Sony F1 (or whatever they are called)
  13. AKG K340 (No one listened to these, poor things.
    frown.gif
    )
We didn't have, that I wished we had:
  1. Sony MDR-R10
  2. Sony CD3000
I'll let some others pick up what I missed, my brain hurts now.

Jun 8, 2003 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 80
Sounds like a great time guys...choco chip cookies too...mmmmmmmmmmmm...

I'd love to hear some impressions of the Corda HA-1 mkII since I have one enroute.

John

Jun 8, 2003 at 11:50 PM Post #20 of 80
Okay, here's the start of some pictures.
The Portables table, with a older and newer (in back) Cosmic, the HeadRoom Little and Airhead, some portable META42s and some portable CD players. There were also some portable headphones around like the Koss KSC35 and the Senn. PX100 & PX200.
Portables.JPG

Jun 9, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #21 of 80
ss_amps1.JPG

On the left from top to bottom, a prototype PPA amp (using a non-PPA regulated walwart power supply), Meier-Audio PreHead, Sugden HeadMaster, Linn Ikemi, Meridian cpd. In the middle is the Stax Omega with it's tube amp. To the right is the HeadRoom BlockHead.

ss_amps2.JPG

Here is the Meier Cross-1 and HA-2, and the HeadRoom Max.

Jun 9, 2003 at 12:27 AM Post #22 of 80
Nice Pics, Did anyone listen to Meier cross 1? Meets are always fun,I know everyone had fun. And time goes so fast you don't listen to everything thats there without realizing it.Was That a 508-24 meridian Player?

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #23 of 80
tubeamps1.JPG

Here's a picture of one of the Singlepower amps (MPX3?), the Berning MicroZOTL and one of HeadRoom's distribution amp, along with the Beyer 880.

tubeamps2.JPG

Here is another one of the Singlepower amps (the Supra?) along with the MAD amp, with the Grado RS1.

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #24 of 80
What did you think of our auditions with the beyer dt 880s? Do they have a bright or emphasized treble? Do they have any of the grados speed and dynamics? How would you rate them compared to a senn hd600 with a cable upgrade?

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #25 of 80
Drew's_island1.JPG

Here's the NEW amp and preamp driving the AKG 1000, along with a couple of CDP and the Melos amp.

Drew's_island2.JPG

Here's the other side of the island with the VPI scout turntable, the HeadRoom prototype Pete Millet Hybrid amp, and the back of the Philips and Melos. Note the beefy power cords.

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #26 of 80
FYI, the "Headroom Prototype Pete Millett Hybrid amp" looks exactly like the Pete Millett hybrid amp us DIY guys have been building for a while. I mean that literally -- the PCB looks exactly the same. It's a nice amp, here's hoping Headroom puts it into mass production.

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 80
Is the Millet hybrid the same as the Headroom prototype? Because the Millet has been out for awhile...

And what are those aluminum boxes next to it?

Jun 9, 2003 at 4:24 AM Post #30 of 80
Quote:

And what are those aluminum boxes next to it?

The small box looks like one of PinkFloyd's crossfeed boxes. I'm not sure what the larger box to its right is. Looks like a DIY amp of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back