Battle Music!
Jul 30, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #16 of 33
Lately, I haven't been able to get enough of Iced Earth's half-hour epic "Gettysburg" trilogy, complete with the requisite cannon and battle sounds
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #17 of 33
Also check out the soundtrack to the movie Glory. If you've seen Iron Chef, you've heard it, too. It's also wonderfully recorded by Shawn Murphy, and is one of the best orchestral recordings out there.

--Andre

Jul 30, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #18 of 33
one winged angel - ff7

long backstory so feel free to skip the rest of this post.

When I played ff7 I was at the US Naval Academy. We weren't allowed to watch TV or listen to the radio except for like 10 hours on Saturdays. For a month or two straight I spent every moment of that time playing ff7 by myself in the basement of my sponser family's house. After Sephiroth killed Aeris, I was consumed with killing that SOB. Everytime I hear that song it charges me up.

Also,

The Touch - Stan Bush

Everytime I hear that song it gives me the chills as I imagine Optimus Prime transforming and rolling out to put the hurt on a bunch of deceptocreeps. Or later when Hot Rod opens the matrix, becomes Roddimus Prime then proceeds to kick the crap out of Galvatron.
Ahh good times.

Jul 30, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #19 of 33
i feel ya raif. just something about old school rpg theme music that stirs up my emotions. i was on the verge of tears when i heard the Secret of Mana theme on someone's ring tone.

The Touch - best rock/battle song of my childhood.

Jul 30, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #20 of 33
Movie soundtracks (preferably fighting movies) tend to have decent fighting songs.

I personally like the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack. Don Davis and whatnot.

Jul 30, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

wagner: "ride of the walkeries"
one of the great moments in opera, the sight and sound of attacking valkeries flying around the stage.

Sorry, but the Valkyries are not attacking. They are simply carrying dead war heros to their rock before proceeding to Valhalla. That's why it's called Ride of the Valkyries and not Attack of the Valkyries.

Tom

Jul 30, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 33
I love the old Telarc recording of the 1812 Overture, it is widely acclaimed as being an excellent equipment tester, however, I also recently got a copy of "The Planets", also a Telarc recording. "Mars, The Bringer of War" is an excellent battle/war-like anthem. From the beginning, you can almost imagine yourself in an orc encampment preparing to kill some puny humans or something.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
Sorry, but the Valkyries are not attacking. They are simply carrying dead war heros to their rock before proceeding to Valhalla. That's why it's called Ride of the Valkyries and not Attack of the Valkyries.

Tom

ha! redshifter you just got norse served!
eek.gif

Aug 8, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #25 of 33
I'm surprised no has mentioned this yet, but maybe you guys are into more of a classical head-set. PLEASE listen to "The Gates of Delirium" by Yes, from their 1974 album 'Relayer.' This 20 minute track, which includes lyrics, includes the build-up to war, an INTENSE battle sequence and a beautiful calm after the storm. If you've never heard it before, get thee to this song!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
"The Gates of Delirium" by Yes

In that vein, there's also "By-Tor And the Snow Dog" from Fly By Night, by Rush. Genesis has "White Mountain" on Trespass and "The Battle of Epping Forest" on Selling England By The Pound.

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:43 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sultan165
"The Battle" from the Gladiator soundtrack. Its the music from the scene where Maximus and the Romans fight the Germans.

I second this.

Also Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring" was used in Fantasia as battle music. It can be very fierce.

Also "Capulets and Montagues" from Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet". It is the first track in the second orchestral suite as well.

Aug 12, 2004 at 9:50 AM Post #30 of 33
The entire Total Annihilation Game CD music.
That orchestral score for that game, is the most fitting, best matched soundtrack for a game EVER.
It changes in game, with whatever you are doing, so if you are being attacked, it changes to a faster paced track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back