Battery life on Sony A818?
Jul 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

souledout

New Head-Fier
I recently got a Sony NWZ-A818 a while back and have just now began to really use it since I am currently on a trip in Illinois. My question is, what is everybody getting in terms of battery life? I have currently used the player for roughly around 5 or so hours, maybe less and one notch has gone down. Is this normal? I've looked around and a lot of places say 30 hours or more, so shouldn't that mean one notch should go down at about 7.5 hours? Just wondering if my battery is normal. The first week or so I had it, I kept disconnecting it and connecting it, fixing tags on some songs, adding music, etc.. but whenever I did this, I always made sure it would get to FULL before disconnecting it again.

I am mostly listening to LAME V2 and some 256k MP3 from Amazonmp3 and for EQ, I am only using ClearBass +1. Screen saver is turned off and I only have the backlight on for 15 seconds.

What is everybody else getting?

Jul 13, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm using a A729.

If you use higher bit-rates, you get less battery life out of your player, their advertised testing is probably done with 128kbps music.

All my music is encoded to 320kbps AAC. I get 20-26 hours out of a full charge, instead of the advertised 40.

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using a A729.

If you use higher bit-rates, you get less battery life out of your player, their advertised testing is probably done with 128kbps music.

All my music is encoded to 320kbps AAC. I get 20-26 hours out of a full charge, instead of the advertised 40.

+1 - I have a A829 and get about 25hrs on it. Most of my tunes are high bitrate vbr mp3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back