Battery life on a Tomahawk?
Apr 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the battery life on a Tomahawk? Right now my batteries are lasting like a week or less. I usually use the Tomahawk for about a couple of hours a day.

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 13
Well, here is my story.
I received my Tomahawk in the end of January (three months ago), and use it about two hours each day. Its still running strong on its first set of alcaline batteries.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 13
A week or less? That doesnt sound right. What headphones are you using? Even with full sized headphones, they should still last a lot longer than 1 week...

Apr 19, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you driving the lambdas with it? xD

Sure!
biggrin.gif

...no, a pair of Westone UM2's.

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #7 of 13
got mine in late december 06 and i've replaced the batteries twice. but i use the tomahawk alot and almost every nite i use it and fall asleep without turning it off... so on average i'd say 6 hours a day. i'm very please with the battery life.

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 13
Received my Tomahawk on January 28th. I have used it every single day since then for an average (I would estimate) of 3 to 4 hours per day. It is still running on the first pair of batteries!

I am flabbergasted by the battery life on this little wonder.

If it helps any, I am using it on low gain, and have been driving my SR-225s (since then have sold them), MS-2is, RS-1s and PS-1s with it.

So if I do my math right, that would put me at about 320 hours on the first pair of batteries and still going strong.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 13
I have mine for almost 2 months or so now, forget it on all the time and its still running strong. its amazing and I am anticipating my first battery change!

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #11 of 13
I'm using the Westone UM2s. Is it draining because I have it on high gain. I like the high gain setting better than the low gain. I used a pair of akaline Duracell and then used a pair of rechargable batteries which died even quicker. Now am back to using Energizer AAAs.

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 13
The battery time is very good. I have had it for several months now, and i am only on the second pair of batteries, and i use it every day for several hours. But that has been mostly with Grado SR 225. Now I have started to use Beyerdynamic DT831 and I don`t know how that will affect batterylife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back