Battery-fi (rechargeable & non-rechargeable)
Feb 22, 2011 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

yliu

500+ Head-Fier
So what do you guys think what are the best types and brads of batteries for different electronics (flashlight, remote, camera etc.)?

Feel free to post any experiences with specific types or brands of batteries. or what you know about them.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 25
I read a lot of good reviews on the Sany Eneloop too.

After some research I found that experts or websites only recommend NiMH, since it's rechargeable and with the Sanyo eneloop it has a shelf life comparable to Alkalines. For lithium batteries I couldn't find much info.

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 25
For anything that isn't very demanding (i.e. draws low current) the Eneloops are hard to beat as rechargeables. This is especially the case if the batteries are going to be sitting in whatever you're using for a long time.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 25
Eneloops are great! I use them in my Pentax K-x and get well over 300 shots plus plenty of fiddling time.  Can carry an extra set at all times as well and not worry about them being drained when I throw them in.  Except for the added weight, these make me glad my camera is designed to use AAs rather than a special battery.

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 25
I read it somewhere, where they tested various LSD batteries and the Sony Cycle Energy performed as good as the Eneloops in keeping the charge over a long time.

and a question: does expensive battery chargers (NiMH/NiCd) that use some sort of special charging technique really help lengthening the batteries lifetime? 

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 25

Quote:
For anything that isn't very demanding (i.e. draws low current) the Eneloops are hard to beat as rechargeables. This is especially the case if the batteries are going to be sitting in whatever you're using for a long time.

There are plenty of LSD NiMH batteries out there today (Sony Cycle Energy, Panasonic Infinium, Vatra ready 2 use etc.) , and from the review they don't seem to be much worse from the eneloops.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #11 of 25
Eneloops are great! I use them in my Pentax K-x and get well over 300 shots plus plenty of fiddling time.  Can carry an extra set at all times as well and not worry about them being drained when I throw them in.  Except for the added weight, these make me glad my camera is designed to use AAs rather than a special battery.

Woah woah woah.

Me too. Not only the Eneloops, but the K-x. :beerchug:

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #13 of 25
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #14 of 25
Mar 28, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #15 of 25
I don't understand, an average NiMH AA battery is rated at least 2000mAh with 1.2V. An AA sized (14500) Lithium Ion battery with 3.6V is only rated at 750mAh.

So is Lithium better while it barely have half as much capacity as NiMH batteries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back