Battery backup surge protector advice.Can i ask here?
Aug 30, 2021 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rozeqloud

500+ Head-Fier
Can i plz get some advice on a top-shelf battery backup/surge protector?

i have had the Cyberpower 1500 AV-AVR

I ve had it for at least 4 years i think. Batteries finally went and Cyberpower sent me 2 more at no charge.i thought how awesome is that. They seem like a decent company.

The issue now is i installed new batteries (Checked and double-checked connections 10xs, literally), but after near 10 hours, there is no indication it is even taking the charge.No lights, no nothing.

Cyberpower said drained batteries can take 8-16 hours to charge. But should i not see it charging by now?

No panel lights at all

Will it still serve as a surge protector until i can find a replacement? If i need a replacement.

The surge side still has power when plugged into the wall, but obv. the surge/battery side has no power.

No way my stereo is going straight to the wall. Dozens of power-outs a year occur here,most are for seconds only, but that snap of power off and on i assume ruined at least one amp. It was in for repairs many xs, but eventually always had power issues. Would just die.

i took internet advice and got this Cyberpower, and not to curse myself, it has been golden.The Hegel was way sensitive to power outs/fluctuations. This i feel save it many xs over.

So until i find a new one, at least as good or this one can be got going,i will not use my stereo.

Any advice on another such unit is appreciated, mates.i cannot go long with no stereo, as i am certain y all understand LOL

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back