Battery availabilty in Europe
Feb 10, 2003 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CHOPIN

New Head-Fier
I'm planning my next trip to Amsterdam. The last time I went I brought my PortaCorda with me. It uses a standard 9-volt battery that I usually replace once a week. It was no problem bring a month's worth of batteries with me.

I'm thinking of getting a Headroom Supreme for my next trip. It uses the much bigger and heavier size D batteries. The Headroom web site is pretty straightforward that the Supreme has a poor (about 20 hour) battery life. This would mean changing batteries every few days. I'd like to travel light and not take up space and weight with a month's worth of D cells. It would be easier to just buy them as needed in Europe.

Are size D batteries readily available in Europe? (A Google search showed that American D batteries are equivalent to British or German R20 batteries).

Feb 10, 2003 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 7
should be no problem. you can get any size battery practically anywhere.

Feb 12, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 7
Amsterdam is not the outback of a dessert.

You can get it everywhere.

If you don't know it.

The porta-Corda is a Dutch invention.

Brother!!!!!

Peter.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Outdoor Man
Amsterdam is not the outback of a dessert.

You can get it everywhere.

If you don't know it.

The porta-Corda is a Dutch invention.

Brother!!!!!

Peter.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I think his concerns are valid. I mean in the US people still messure in inches and feet. Even kilometers aren't used as a standard yet. 22.00 hrs, that's something out of a Star Trek movie if you live in the US.(200 years from now!). For all he knew Europe is also far advanced in powersupply. Maybe we got rid of those oldfasioned large heavyweight batteries ages ago!
wink.gif

Luckely for him we still use them aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back