Batman 3: Which new villain do you want to see?
May 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 27
^ What about Olivia Wilde as Talia al Ghul?
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #17 of 27

Quote:
^ What about Olivia Wilde as Talia al Ghul?
biggrin.gif

Olivia Wilde is hot and all, but I think the shape of Ashley Greene's face would look better as Talia al Ghul. Olivia has that prominent jaw that doesnt look as good as Ashley's jaw with the hair covering one eye. Im basing this off of what Talia looked like in the animated series. You know who would have been a perfect Talia, the late Aaliyah. She did that hair over one eye look that looked mysterious.

May 7, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 27
Harley Quinn probably should have been introduced with The Joker, but I'd like to see some females.  Poison Ivy, Quinn, Catwoman. Scarlett Johannson would have made a nice Poison Ivy during her Lost In Translation days.  Maybe still, I don't know.  Amanda Seyfried as Quinn.  Charlize Theron would indeed make a great Catwoman.

It's a shame Schumacher's handling of the Mr. Freeze saga was handled so poorly.  They ruined some of the best story lines from Batman: TAS.  I'm also partial to The Riddler and Clayface.  The Penguin is pretty iconic, but I'd really like to see some new villains done properly before Nolan moves on and we go back to pure crap like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

May 7, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #19 of 27
Ideally, my villain lineup would be: The Pengiun & Riddler, then Bane as the minor villain.

I'd like to see The Riddler being the main villain, and rather than making him a zany novelty, have the writing focus on his obsessive compulsive nature - a criminal so obsessed with outsmarting people in order to prove himself that he's physically incapable of committing a crime without intentionally leaving clues. I think it could be an interesting idea in the hands of Nolan.

I'd also suggest introducing The Penguin as the new head of organized crime in Gotham. We've had Falcone and Maroni come and go, so the new top dog could be Cobblepot. Make him gimmick free, except perhaps for his tendency to be well-dressed and carry an umbrella. "Penguin" would be simply a nickname, not a ridiculous character theme.

If The Penguin will be written into the film, I can't think of anyone that would play it better than Phillip Seymour Hoffman. As for Riddler, Edward Norton or Jackie Earle Haley would be great; and Johnny Depp as a third choice.

May 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #20 of 27
Nolan's capable hands are exactly why a story like The Long Halloween could be incredible on screen. But, I would really doubt that WB is willing to put the Falcones so squarely in the limelight. Not to mention the fact that, y'know, Falcone is dead at this point. Which makes it that much stronger an argument to have Penguin rise to infamy in the next film, so I like your suggestion - and while I agree he shouldn't be the freakshow that Burton portrayed him as, I do think they would need to highlight the sort of "vengeful mongrel" aesthetic, lest he be seen as just another mobster aristocrat.

I have to say, Ghul's daughter would make one hell of a tie-in with the first film, but I'm not sure they want to touch on that aspect of the Bats saga again. Most casual Batman fans have no idea who Ra's Al Ghul is in the first place.

Still, I have to stand my my original assertion that Catwoman would work really, really well in this version of the Bats universe. Bruce needs a new love interest at this point, and Selena's shenanigans could make for one hell of a sordid love story and showcase Bats' detective work. Nolan's Gotham is the ideal setting to really dig into the complexity of Catwoman/Selena Kyle's character and the interplay between she and Batman/Bruce Wayne. Add the classic backdrop of a lunatic terrorizing Gotham (minor, please, I never liked Bane, but he deserves more than just peripheral villain status, IMO), and you have a good Batman movie.

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
This is the end
Of Solomon Grundy.

Zombies sell tickets, gang. Fact.

May 8, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 27
I'd like to see Bane and Mister Freeze.

May 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #25 of 27
Johnny Depp would make the perfect Riddler. Jolie would make a great Catwoman. I would love see these two come back. Whatever happened to poison ivy? I'd love to see her come back. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back