Batman 3: Which new villain do you want to see?
May 6, 2010 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

fuseboxx

500+ Head-Fier
Now that Batman 3 is officially in the works for 20th July 2012 and Christopher Nolan is returning to direct: Who is the new villain that you want to see?

I excluded only the villains from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight --- as well as Mr Freeze since I believe one of the Nolans already said that he's not going to be one of the new villains.

Personally, Bane and Riddler might be interesting.

When you pick a choice, try posting what actor/actress you think would be fit for that role as well.
As for the poll (you can pick 2 btw), I just tried compiling the more popular villains, which is almost impossible, but what the heck. I think if I wanted to make a definitive poll, these would be the choices:

Anarky
Bane
Black Mask
Blockbuster
Calendar Man
Catman
Catwoman
Clayface
Cluemaster
Deadshot
Firefly
Harley Quinn
Hugo Strange
Hush
KGBeast
Killer Croc
Killer Moth
Man-Bat
Maxie Zeus
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Zsasz
Poison Ivy
Red Hood
Solomon Grundy
The Mad Hatter
The Penguin
The Riddler
The Ventriloquist
Tweedledum and Tweedledee

May 6, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 27
I'm pro-Catwoman (as per the other thread on the Dark Knight sequel). As for actresses who could do it, I hadn't given it much thought. Looking back through best actress nominees from the last few years, three names would probably work for me: Charlize Theron, Marion Cotillard, Hilary Swank (may not be attractive enough). Angelina Jolie is a hottie but I'm actually not sure she would have the range to play Catwoman the way I'd like to see it played (damaged goods seething with anger).

If they might go less well-known (unlikely), I also really like Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer from Battlestar - both attractive with impressive acting chops (IMO).

May 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 27
If Nolan could do Bane well, Bane would be a fantastic villain.
If Nolan decided to do The Penguin, with the earlier rumors about Phillip Seymour Hoffman being considered for such a part, I think PSH could put on a performance to rival that of Ledger's Joker.
Harley Quinn, Hush and The Riddler are the only other three I see Nolan considering doing. The stories behind characters such as Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Killer Croc all make them relatively unlikely as choices for villans in an upcoming movie with Nolan's Batman Universe.

May 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 27
Calender man and hush, well if you guys read batman comics, Long halloween is superb and the hush storyline was great too. Both of these comics are the best!

May 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 27

Quote:
Dark horse candidate Jessica Alba..

Eh... super dark horse. I don't know if I could see her playing a tortured, pissed off soul in any way that's believable.

May 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #9 of 27
Catwoman, no questions asked. I couldn't pick two villains, and since Catwoman is too conflicted as a character to be considered a true arch-nemesis, I'd like to see Nolan tackle a complex romantic plot amidst the backdrop of a madman running amok...

...which makes me want to place an unofficial vote for Solomon Grundy. Weird?

[EDIT] And for the record, Catwoman is waaaaay more than just a side story. So is Bane. Technically, however, so is Harvey Dent and he played second fiddle last time around with magnificent results, so I guess we can leave that decision in his capable hands.

Long Halloween/Dark Victory or Hush would both blow my mind, but I really question the commercial viability of those stories (TLH/DV being a little heavy on the sleuthing end, and Hush perhaps being simply too unknown outside the core Batman readership?)

May 6, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 27
Superman
regular_smile .gif

May 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #12 of 27

Quote:
Riddler or Penguin would be my pick with Catwoman involved in some way. My personal fav pick to play catwoman would definitely be Angelina Jolie, followed by Charlize Theron.

I agree. Riddler and Penguin would be at the top of my list. Didn't Nolan already set his mind on a finished script already?

May 6, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #15 of 27
why no love for Dr. Victor Fries? played by Ben Stiller and Jack Black as the penguin. Seriously though, I'd like to see Dr. Fries and Robin. I thought of another one, Talia al Ghul played by Ashley Greene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back