Bassy, Sealed Headphones for Under $35
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Flaring Afro

New Head-Fier
This is a gift for a friend who's going away to college. They'll just be powered by a laptop and maybe a Galaxy S5 sometimes. She listens to hip hop and such a lot, so there needs to be good bass. She isn't base crazy like those teenagers rolling in civics with Sony Xplode subs shaking the car though so they will need to sound good. She also will be using them with movies/tv shows in her dorm so they have to work well for that. A good seal would be nice as well so it doesn't disturb her sleeping roommate, etc and be useable for hours without being uncomfortable. I'd also like them to look nice (considering the price). I've heard of people getting monoprice headphones and they were scratched up, dusty, and looked used already (which wouldn't make for a nice gift).

I've looked some and the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S seems to be a very good choice, except they leak a good amount of sound - but it shouldn't matter too much as long as it isn't enough to wake someone or disturb them watching tv, etc. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 6
if you could increase your budget just a little look at ATH-M30 
not sure if they still make them, koss used to be popular
these seems to sell well but I never used them Sony MDRZX
the superlux are probably good for you too, so either way

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Sennheiser HD 202 II.

Dunno how much they would be in the US, but in the UK they are usually only around £25-£30. (Newegg US seems to have them priced at $35) But im sure u can find them on like Amazon or something cheaper.

Very bassy and closed.

The only warning ill give u is the cable has a high tendency to develop an internal break if u tug on it to much. Look after them though and they should last.

Iv been through 2 brand new pairs and a 3rd Frankenstein from the working parts of the olds over something like 6 years.

Only today/night have I ordered something different to replace them (ATH-M50S) which cost a lot more.

Cant really recommend anything else as I have not used anything other than some AKG K330 IEM's.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #6 of 6
The Roku Premium In-ear Headphones sell for $15 and have the most amazing bass I have ever heard out of earbuds. I wear them in the opposite ears as marked (L vs R) and they produce much better bass that way. Admittedly, I'm not an audio expert, and would actually like someone who is to give their opinion on the Roku earbuds that came with the Roku 3 if they have a pair lying around. Anyway, I've used dozens of earbuds in my life and these undoubtedly have the best bass and it's not even close.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back