Bassy portable and for gaming; headphones
Sep 8, 2015 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Your AverageJoe

New Head-Fier
I am looking for closed over ear headphones with a detachable cable (so I can fit 3rd party cables in the headphone jack) that are relatively portable, but it isn't a "need." PRICE IS PREFERED TO BE UNDER 500, but open to suggestions higher.
What I am really looking for is a headphone with tight yet amazing bass (good for music such as metal, dubstep, hip hop) but I also listen to classic and some other genres where treble is an important factor. I also need them for gaming, I don't play a lot of first person shooters, but I would prefer if it had an amazing sound stage.
I know, good soundstage is hard to find on a closed back headphones, but I plan to use the headphones in public and not only do I not want to disturb the pulbic with my music, but I also want good isolation so I won't have to hear other people.
I have looked at some headphones such as the audio technica ath m50xs, the custom one pros, and v moda crossfade m-100. But each of them I have one problem with, the m50x don't support cables not made by audio technica and I don't think they would be bassy enough, the custom one pros I believe are bulky, and the m-100s (I am told) have little to no soundstage. I don't mean to be picky. But thank for reading.
Side note: Does anyone reccomend a mic I can use to chat with people using my headphones, the boom pro mic from v moda sound okay, but I heard they pick up background noises, and I live in a pretty loud place, so I would like it if a mic only picks up my voice, and clearly. Another mic I looked into was the mod mic 4.0, and they seem perfect, but I wouldn't like to deal with 2 different cables.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 9
For mic, You might want to buy Takstar TCM-370
http://www.takstar.com/en/product/detail-4-19-154-1

I've been using it for gaming purpose, they have clear sound reproduction

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back