bassy over the ear head-phone for my sansa
Sep 17, 2017 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

minchia

New Head-Fier
Hello music lovers.
I am a beginner looking for your suggestions for a pair of headphones. To make it short, let me list my needs:
  1. over the ear headphones (so my ears go inside and it is more comfortable)
  2. more bassy type of sound (because I like it this way :wink: )
  3. leaks minimum (so I can listen to music in public and in office without disturbing others)
  4. works with my SanDisk Sansa Clip+.
  5. budget 200$.
  6. if possible, foldable.
Cheers.

PS: if this message is in the wrong place, feel free to move/delete it.

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 10
Really like your suggestion. Also it looks very nice on ear

sony-mdr-1a.jpg

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 10
Hello music lovers.
I am a beginner looking for your suggestions for a pair of headphones. To make it short, let me list my needs:
  1. over the ear headphones (so my ears go inside and it is more comfortable)
  2. more bassy type of sound (because I like it this way :wink: )
  3. leaks minimum (so I can listen to music in public and in office without disturbing others)
  4. works with my SanDisk Sansa Clip+.
  5. budget 200$.
  6. if possible, foldable.
Cheers.

PS: if this message is in the wrong place, feel free to move/delete it.

Superlux HD660

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 10
ATH-M50x - ~$150. I like these a lot, but I don't know how they compare to the other suggestions. They may be popular, but be advised they're studio monitor headphones so they may not sound as "musical" as other headphones and be more analytical and (edit) flat. On the positive side, they're easy to drive loud and doesn't need an amp, closed and well noise isolating, prominent bass with good thump and slam, natural sounding mids (edit, I take that back they have a bit of "bite" to them), crystal clear highs (though may be a touch much if you're treble sensitive). They do well overall with the amount of bass they have. The bass used to encroach upon the other frequencies but this has gotten better as the headphones have burned in (and I'm still burning them in).

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #6 of 10
MDR 1A sounds like a good fit for you sound-wise. The only downsides I noticed when wearing were the comfort (my ears touched the inside, I have medium sized ears) and the build quality wasn't great. I didn't agree with the sound either but that's because I prefer, and am used to, the detail and balance of higher end cans.

I think they are a strong choice for your purposes though!
MDR 1ABT.jpg

Old picture from when I tried em for a week

Sep 18, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 10
Certain Best Buys are selling V-Moda M100's at $149. Search online for the red/black one, at bestbuydotcom, and type store pick up and then type in your location to see if there are any nearby.

either that or Sennheiser HD 25

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #9 of 10
I received the MDR 1A yesterday. The quality was super disapointing :cold_sweat: Even the bass was not good enough. I had much better quality with my cheap headphone (10$) at home. oh my goodness. I sent it back to Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back