Bassy in-ear earbuds?
Dec 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ShibeSuchBass

100+ Head-Fier
I am going to be getting some new headphones that are bass heavy, but have clarity in  mids and highs, clarity overall. Im a bass head so i NEED bass, but i also need clarity and no muffled sound/feeling. I will prob be getting the M Audio Q40's. I also want some earbuds for whenever i want to use them instead, but i want some that also have bass and clarity, not super crazy clarity where you can hear people breathing, lol. My mom has a pair of Phillips SHE3580 and they are amazing for $15, they are some bass monsters (for their tier) and have impressive clarity/quality for the price. I just want something a little better with some more clarity, the mids sound recessed/muffled sometimes. I was thinking some Skullcandy's but idk what model to get. I have a low budget for earbuds, maybe like $40 max. If anything i will just buy another pair of these Phillips for myself. They absolutely dont have to be Phillips or Skullcandy's, but any brand, as long as it meets my needs?

I forgot to mention one of the main reasons i want something else, when the cable hits something or scrapes against something like your clothes, you can hear it in the earphones and it is louder than the music no matter what. Although, they are extremely comfortable and have superb noise isolation and dont leak sound very much if not at all when they are in your ears. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 17
I think the Philips are hard to beat at the price though. Perhaps the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition - they're bassy with a relatively clear sound. If you can afford it go for the Sony MH1c. I have them and they're really amazing, not only in the quantity/quality of bass but the overall sound rendering - imaging is great for an in-ear headphone, and most importantly you can pump the volume very very high before they start to sound bad.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #6 of 17
  I think the Philips are hard to beat at the price though. Perhaps the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition - they're bassy with a relatively clear sound. If you can afford it go for the Sony MH1c. I have them and they're really amazing, not only in the quantity/quality of bass but the overall sound rendering - imaging is great for an in-ear headphone, and most importantly you can pump the volume very very high before they start to sound bad.

Thanks, second rec for the MH1C's, and the VSonic's are a good price, ill check them out if i can. And here i am always thinking Skullcandy earbuds were the best.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 17
I think ill still get them just because, $20, and people say they are okay-good. Worth a try i guess, must be better than Phillips SHE3580. Theyre kinda unknown though, so its kinda throwing me off...

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 17
Get the JVCs (HA-FX101) because I checked the longer reviews there and "microphonics" is important, especially with IEMS. Microphonics is an inaccurate but popular term for "cable-born noise." The stiffer cables sometimes carry echos. You can't enjoy the sound if the cable is making its own noise. The JVCs scored well in that category, much better than the other cheap ones. Honestly, if it doesn't get at least a 4.5 in microphonics, you don't want to know about it.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 17
  Get the JVCs (HA-FX101) because I checked the longer reviews there and "microphonics" is important, especially with IEMS. Microphonics is an inaccurate but popular term for "cable-born noise." The stiffer cables sometimes carry echos. You can't enjoy the sound if the cable is making its own noise. The JVCs scored well in that category, much better than the other cheap ones. Honestly, if it doesn't get at least a 4.5 in microphonics, you don't want to know about it.

This guy, http://www.head-fi.org/t/544855/review-padacs-aksent-big-style-big-sound ,says the microphonics are below average, so thats not that bad is it? I know how much microphhonics suck, these Phillips SHE3580 have horrible microphonics, ever bump is like a sonic boom. I am kinda steering away from the JVCs as reviews say they have bad clarity and okay bass.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #12 of 17
  This guy, http://www.head-fi.org/t/544855/review-padacs-aksent-big-style-big-sound ,says the microphonics are below average, so thats not that bad is it? I know how much microphhonics suck, these Phillips SHE3580 have horrible microphonics, ever bump is like a sonic boom. I am kinda steering away from the JVCs as reviews say they have bad clarity and okay bass.

Honestly, I'd be concerned because grade inflation is common in audio reviews because of corporate sponsorship, pride of ownership, and personal friendship. So "below average" could mean bad. Try using the site's "Multi-IEM Review Table" (http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/). Search by price and microphonics 4.5.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #13 of 17
Dec 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #14 of 17

size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back