Bassy IEM with good overall sound as well
Mar 11, 2012 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

santhoshr

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have tried some IEMs like CX300, S4i, SE215. Now I want to scale up and try a best IEM that doesn't fail on bass, many IEM or hp which has good rating comes up short on bass, same way IEM good on bass comes up short on mids/lows etc. So I really wanted to buy Shure SE535, but having experienced SE215 it not very practical for everyday use like in office due to cumbersome design, also the ear pressure is very high due which I have to take it out many times. You can suggest me anything meeting my requirements need not be expensive or it can be expensive, branded/unbranded/unknown/whatever. Also mention about the build quality.

Thanks
Santhosh R.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 10
Check out the SoundMAGIC E10, they have a very nice build quality.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581119/review-soundmagic-e10

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion how it compares to Ultimate Ears 350?

Someone else will have to answer that question sorry as I haven't heard those IEM's I recommended E10's because you were happy to take suggestions on any price. If you want to spend under $50 I can't recommend them more. However if you want to spend a little more take some other peoples suggestions.

Goodluck!

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Someone else will have to answer that question sorry as I haven't heard those IEM's I recommended E10's because you were happy to take suggestions on any price. If you want to spend under $50 I can't recommend them more. However if you want to spend a little more take some other peoples suggestions.

Goodluck!

Yes, I'm happy for the suggestion, I want people who are happy with their IEMs or suggestion to post, there is no limiting factor including cost or no requirements like you have to be audiophile or tested many IEMs if you are one that would be great too.

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #7 of 10
Easy...the Atrio M5 with the new MG7 driver. Need more bass? Add some Comply tips. Need more than that? Pair it with a ZO2. You WONT need more bass than that. :wink:

If you search on here, you can find the 50% off code for the Atrio site that still works, last I knew. I cannot fathom finding a better pair of IEMs for $99.

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #8 of 10
I've done some major reading about what you are looking for. I listen to EDM tho, so thats the type of bass im after.
I think you should go for:
JVC Fx-700
Sennheiser IE-80
Atrio MG 7
Eph-100

I havn't listened to any one of these, but my understanding is that JVC-FX700 is pretty close to Sennheiser-IE80, but with more punchy and less quantity bass. Atrio MG7 is alot of bass, but that the bass is pretty much it and the rest of the sound can be pretty boring . EPH-100 i heard have punchy and fast bass with less quantity than the others, more balanced tho. These are the IEMS i narrowed down to after extensive reading, and finally ordered IE80 which i will recieve in 1-2 days from now :)

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Why not start with some cheap IEMs, like the Philips SHE3580

No cheapies I already go some good headphones, originally I want to scale up my existing set like SE215 with emphasis on bass. But thanks for mentioning Philips I always wondered if any of them sound any good :) now I know a model if I ever want one.

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Easy...the Atrio M5 with the new MG7 driver. Need more bass? Add some Comply tips. Need more than that? Pair it with a ZO2. You WONT need more bass than that. :wink:

If you search on here, you can find the 50% off code for the Atrio site that still works, last I knew. I cannot fathom finding a better pair of IEMs for $99.

seems really g8 headphone, unfortunately living in India means, you have to spend quite a lot to get them official site does not ship, not sure if it is worthy getting it for full cost ($199) + customs/shipping charges. thanks for mentioning it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back