Bassy closed headphone alpha dogs vs lcd xc
May 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wilman0527

Head-Fier
Hello just looking for a upgrade from my dt770's I am dead on a closed headphone and came across the alpha dogs and lcd xc. From people who listened to both which did you like the most and why. I want a fun bassy kind of headphone.

May 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 6
The XCs can produce deep bass, but are not a basshead can. If the TH900 sounds similar to the old Denon D2000/5000/7000 series, though, I think it will be much closer to what you're looking for.

May 26, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 6
The ZMF X Vibro is a fantastic bassy headphone but it's definitely darker than what you're used to.

May 26, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 6
  If you can spend up to the XC's retail price you're probably better off getting a TH900.

The ZMF X Vibro is a fantastic bassy headphone but it's definitely darker than what you're used to.

The XCs can produce deep bass, but are not a basshead can. If the TH900 sounds similar to the old Denon D2000/5000/7000 series, though, I think it will be much closer to what you're looking for.

Well I guess deep bass would be what I am looking for or something where I can really separate the bass line easily and has some a good thump. I can say that the dt770's bass was good enough for me if I eq'ed it to max level with my dx90. That saying I thought I would be good with a lcd xc since most people regard it as a bassy can like the dt770 and I would just eq it to my liking on the dx90.

I was look towards the alpha dogs for being able to modify the bass and the price as I have seen a lot of comparisons between the two in favor of the dogs and lcd xc.

Also did forget to mention it needs to be something that can be driven by a dx90/portable dap.

May 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 6
I haven't been able to play with the bass tuning part of the Alpha Dogs (because the pair I've used wasn't mine) but the ZMF x Vibro is noticeably bassier. The goal of the Alpha Dog, to my ears, was to make the T50RP sound as neutral as possible (I thought it was a tad bright, but I haven't used one post Dog Treats, which I'd imagine tame the treble enough to sway me more in its direction), while the ZMF x Vibro aims to sound syrupy, with sub bass that actually vibrates my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back