Bassy cans for around 100-150€
Nov 14, 2016 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zarrick19

New Head-Fier
Looking for new headphones, so far I've been using mostly IEMs (because lot's of travelling, but that's gone now - ATH CKM-55, IE80, HiSoundAudio E212 etc.) and for home I had a pair of Maxell Retro DJ - while they had a fairly nice sound, they really really lacked bass. And... I like bass. I usually listen to everything good, from electronic (dubstep, dnb, early electro sounds), through rock (metal, prog etc.) and jazz, blues, all the way to classical music and some better pop too. I prefer enjoyable, fun, bassy sound, than flat-ish analytical sound.
So far I was looking at some Beyers, the headphones should be closed, so the DT770 or DT150 could be good, while they've got some elegant bass, I'm afraid they will be too neutral and won't be enough bassy for me.

Thanks in advance

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 9
Not a single recommendation? 
confused.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 9
  Not a single recommendation? 
confused.gif

Happy with my DT770's, which you might enjoy too 
smily_headphones1.gif

otherwise, how about the Sony MDR-1A's? They have more bass than the Beyers.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #5 of 9
  MDR-1A, interesting, nice looks and from reviews they are pretty bassy 
L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

The Sony's are fun cans. The bass goes deep, even though it's not as well-controlled, or 'elegant' as you so elegantly put it, as the DT770's etc.
The Sony's have slightly recessed mids too, so a bit of a 'V' character to their sound. They're fun for rock/pop, and anything with a solid bass signature.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 9
Sorry for tripple-posting, but I wan't to get over this ASAP.

The Fostex's are power hungry, I've got no amp for it.

So the final trinity is:
Sony MDR-1A    vs.    Beyerdynamic DT770    vs.    Beyerdynamic Custome One Pro

The COP got adjustable bass, which is nice, but overall SQ is slightly worse than the DT770's. And the Sony... I've got a weakness for Sony stuff... but what I've read from reviews they aren't any bad either.

I.

Don't.

Know.

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 9
Deep apologies for this nasty quad-post, but I didn't find how to delete the previous posts and merge them. Sorry.

So the thing is, I'm going to order the headphones today. I'm going for the Sony's. They... they seem nice to me, I like their looks and the reviews sound good too.

Soooo, any final words why not to buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back