Bassheads, Consider Denon c710
Sep 25, 2009 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zackw419

Head-Fier
When I first got these headphones I really didn't like them that much, they sounded messy, there was a lot of bass it was more boomy that accurate. So boomy that you couldn't really enjoy the detail. They were very 'lively' right out of the box but seemed too lively and at times muffled.

I am skeptical when it comes to burning in. I never completely believed it right from the start. It made sense to me but I was unsure. My first decent headphones were the hd280 pros (sprays Duggeh repellent) and at the time and are my only full sized cans. My first burn in experience was with those. Out of the box I didn't like them they sounded distant (and still do a bit). Burn in changed the sound a bit (for the better) but not enough for me to tell if it was real or not, I'm thought most of the change that occured had to do with me just getting used to them.

Anyway, so I got the c710's, didn't really like them. Went through a process of wanting to sell them and get a different pair of higher quality IEM's. In the meantime I decided what the heck. and have burned them in with about 200hrs+ on loud FLAC quality pink noise (not to say regular pink noise wont work) and man, the c710's REALLY changed. Like I said I was skeptical of burning in but after my experience with these IEM's I consider myself a believer. They now aren't nearly as harsh at loud volumes, don't sound a bit muffled, and the bass has tamed down (it is obviously exaggerated, like most bassy IEM's) and has incredible extension and detail for an IEM. I mean the bass in these IEM's are RIDICULOUS. The vocal clarity is not a strong point of these IEM's but is not lacking for its price range. These IEM's are not very natural sounding, they are not 'airy' but have an extremely decent soundstage, all I would ask for, for what I listen to (rap). So for people that are into music that is enjoyable with a good amount of bass, speed, and soundstage, I would highly recommend the c710's.

Burn in has not changed the sound signature of these and never will with any headphones. I don't believe burning in changes much about the headphones but rather 'fine tunes' the details.

Kind of rambling but I thought I'd share my thoughts anyway, maybe this will end up helping someone..who knows.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I forgot to mention they are extremely durable. I ride my bike alot and take the bus because I'm a highschool student who cant afford a car and i drop these headphones about every other day. It sounds like im careless but I ride my bike pretty fast and sometimes they get caught. But yea, I drop these on the concrete ALOT and they still work perfectly.

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 4
I liked my Denon C551K, how is the C710 compared to basshead IEMs such as the Monster Turbines? I know each have their own sound signature but since the C710 and MT are almost close in price (about $20 - $30) difference, how is the SQ and bass on these 2?

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked my Denon C551K, how is the C710 compared to basshead IEMs such as the Monster Turbines? I know each have their own sound signature but since the C710 and MT are almost close in price (about $20 - $30) difference, how is the SQ and bass on these 2?

I Wish I could give you a comparison, but I only have experience with the c710's. I did alot of research before I bought them and I think the c710s will give you better sounstage and clarity that the turbines. Some people have said they preferred the c710s to sennheiser IE8's read average_joes review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back