Basshead personality?
Aug 31, 2005 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nickchen

Headphoneus Supremus
Last evening, when my wife observed me pouring a Mount Everest out of parmesan chease onto my spaghetti, she uttered once more her amusement about my general "much helps much" attitude. As music was running (boom, boom) and I was in audiophile thoughts anyway, I started thinking about the question, if there's a connection between my "much helps much personality" and the fact that I'm a severe basshead
basshead.gif
. It's not just the parmesan cheese or the bass, it's a general habit about everything I do / not do or like / dislike. (should've been born in Italy)

What about you other bassheads? Are you "all-things-extremists" as well ?
Are engaged HD600 or AKG501 owners restrained and reasonable with all their non-audio life details as well ?

Kinda curious.
eggosmile.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 9
I usually taste the food first, then drop only as much seasoning as I truly need (tasting inbetween). Usually however, I go with how it's been cooked.

However if I have junk food, I tend to put a liberal sprinkling of ketchup and chilli on it, whether before or after tasting.

The same probably goes for my audio tastes.

Aug 31, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Cracked pepper!! NEVER too much. (Til the soup goes brown on top/when the waiter gets tired :p)

but yes i'd have to agree with ur supposed link btw extremists and "bassheadism".

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen

Are engaged HD600 or AKG501 owners restrained and reasonable with all their non-audio life details as well ?

Kinda curious.
eggosmile.gif

YES!

However when it comes to seasoning food, I can never have too much pepper...whether cayenne or black pepper, bring it on!

Sep 1, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 9
well i think im in your boat, salt, powdered red peppers, mustard, ketchup, soy-sauce, cereal, rice whatever! i always take too much
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 8:08 AM Post #8 of 9
Hedonism: not that there's anything wrong with that.

Although you should probably cut down on the Parmesan cheese.

Sep 1, 2005 at 10:07 AM Post #9 of 9
Everything much funnier even then I guessed.
lambda.gif

@Teerawit: Are u basshead or restrained ?
@Dusty Chalk: I could eat parmesan purely, if I was allowed to. I actually did with butter as a child.

@all bassheads: Any more obvious extreme life details besides nutrition ?
- Example: I liked loud 2 cylinder motorcycles as a youngster, and finally "succeeded" with a 101 dB Moto Guzzi that was, below the line, barely unuseable, even with with ear protection buds. That was too much bass, even for me.
messer.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back