Basshead looking for College cans
May 13, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #31 of 39
how come no one agrees with getting the dt770pros for his room and then get the marshmallows for outside?

it's so simple!

and yea the akg k81dj suggestion is good too. just get those and you're done (assuming you can wear those in public)

May 13, 2007 at 9:47 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come no one agrees with getting the dt770pros for his room and then get the marshmallows for outside?

it's so simple!

and yea the akg k81dj suggestion is good too. just get those and you're done (assuming you can wear those in public)

x2...both can be had for under $200 used...

May 14, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #33 of 39
Thanks guys for all your help. Ahh now im stuck between the k81djs and the dt770s. I guess i gotta try em out first. Hey, at least i have until august before i move.

May 14, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #34 of 39
Having tried both the k81djs and owning the DT770/80s, I have to say that between the two, if portability isn't in a huge factor, the beyers are the way to go. The k81s might be smaller and more portable, but the sound just doesn't match the dt770s, and neither does the comfort (especially if you head is big).

The dt770s are circumaural and surround your ears whereas the k81s sit on them, which was a big turn off for me.

If you really want something portable and bassy, you could always get Koss PortaPros to compliment the dt770.

May 14, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's so simple!

Agreed, there is your answer
tongue.gif

PS: mod your x-fi, the gains are huge.

May 15, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #38 of 39
sturdier and nicer than the k81djs are the k181djs, and they're still with in your budget. another fun closed can that can be used out of a portable player is the terrific audio technica es-7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back