Basshead headphones for around £100 GBP
Jun 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mackem

500+ Head-Fier
[size=small] Budget - Up to £100, may stretch slightly more if it matters that much[/size]

[size=small] Source - PC with Xonar DG sound card[/size]

[size=small] Requirements for Isolation - I will be using them at home but don't want the sound to leak to the point that people can hear what I am listening to when they're sleeping (I share a room T_T)[/size]

[size=small] Preferred Type of Headphone - Full sized circumaural[/size]

[size=small] Preferred tonal balance - I am a basshead but I do also listen to rock, pop etc.[/size]

[size=small] Past headphones - I've used the M-Audio Q40s. I liked their sound but I had to sell them because the clamp on my jaw was too much, even after I stretched them out over a subwoofer for like 5 nights. I briefly tried my friends DT770 Pro 80s but at initial listen they sounded quite hollow / distant.[/size]

[size=small] Preferred Music - Trance, dance, dubstep, R&B, rap, hip hop, rock, k-pop[/size]

[size=small] Location - United Kingdom[/size]

[size=small] Comfort is also huge for me. I wear glasses and have quite a large head and the likes of the Q40s and DT770 Pro felt like they'd end up giving me jaw fatigue as it seemed as though they sat too low on my head but then if I adjusted them a size down, they'd feel a bit tight around the top of the head. It seems impossible for me to find a pair that will suit which is why I am asking here. Deep earcups would be nice.[/size]

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 9
A couple of headphones that come to mind: Ultrasone HFI-780 or the Pro 550 if you want a headphone that performs well on games. 

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 9
Sony XB500 or 700. Those have plenty of bass. More than enough for a basshead.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #8 of 9
Which Beyer headphones are suitable for bassy music but will do a good job with pop etc.? I'm not sure the differences between DT770/DT880/DT990 and what this will mean for the kind of music I listen to.

EDIT: Can a mod close this please?

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Which Beyer headphones are suitable for bassy music but will do a good job with pop etc.? I'm not sure the differences between DT770/DT880/DT990 and what this will mean for the kind of music I listen to.

EDIT: Can a mod close this please?

DT770 Pro 80ohm

If I were you I would try to find some D2k's or 5k's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back