Basshead Headphones Choice~
Oct 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bassix

100+ Head-Fier
So I've narrowed my choices down to 4 headphones. I want maximum bass without sacrificing other aspects of the music too much. I have a FiiO E11 amplifier with an LOD cable.

M-Audio Q40 - Cheaper than most, heard about good bass, but lacks sound stage.

DT-770 Pro 80 - Currently out of my price range now that I've paid for Homecoming tickets

Audio Technica M50's - I had a pair, I left them somewhere and I'm quite sure they were taken, I loved them, but not sure about wanting the same headphones twice.

Audio Technica Pro700Mk2's - Heard amazing things about the bass in these, and I really want them. I've heard they have extreme clamping power, which can be adjusted over time, but also they are dark headphones, which I'm still quite unsure of what that means.

I listen to a lot of rock (50%), dubstep/techno (35%), rap (15%)

I want a lot of bass that can destroy any commercial or endorsed headphone out of the water, maintain good clean sound quality, and be very durable

Thanks In Advanced
dt880smile.png

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 4
If you're looking at the DT770, I strongly suggest the new Custom One Pros. Though I haven't directly A/Bed them together, the COP are excellent to-go headphones with plenty of bass.

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
If you're looking at the DT770, I strongly suggest the new Custom One Pros. Though I haven't directly A/Bed them together, the COP are excellent to-go headphones with plenty of bass.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME
mad.gif

In short, thank you, this is a really cool set of cans, definitely will check it out, LOVE the idea of customization in headphones
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back