Basshead Flagship IEM (Recommendations?)
Feb 16, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #16 of 19
Personally, no. although, I read that the Maestros and MSE have more low end bass than the LX. However, the LX has excellent mid bass as well which makes the overall sound signature incredible. The Maestro fit can be an issue for some too, so I would definitely try to make sure that your ears will work well with them before dumping $2k on a set. Once you find the perfect tips for the LXs, it’s game over for everything else.

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #17 of 19
Personally, no. although, I read that the Maestros and MSE have more low end bass than the LX. However, the LX has excellent mid bass as well which makes the overall sound signature incredible. The Maestro fit can be an issue for some too, so I would definitely try to make sure that your ears will work well with them before dumping $2k on a set. Once you find the perfect tips for the LXs, it’s game over for everything else.
That's what I have heard, and after studying how the addition of the BC tech alters the function, I actually prefer the LX's over the Evo's. Any interference issues noticeable though?

I know no one will open them up to check the transductors, drivers, or internal wiring for magnetic shielding, past a few hundred dollar IEM's

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:59 AM Post #18 of 19
I didn’t like what the SEs and the EVOs did to the iconic LXs. The SEs were far too bright for my taste and the bass was tighter and less enjoyable. I expected the EVOs to blow the LXs out of the water but instead the bass is perhaps just more “accurate?!?” I love that the LXs have loads of bass all over the place without making the audio completely muddy and overwhelming. The EVO is a great hybrid where you get some of the detail benefits of the Odin and the bass response of the LX. If I could afford to own both, I would buy the EVO to fill the void that was filled by my Odins before I sold them (which I regret to this day.) As soon as a used pair of LXs pop up under a grand, I’m snatching them up so they can become me gym IEMs, whereas my custom LXs will be for more controlled listening at home.

Attachments

• 7311E6AB-8674-4F29-AD94-D47F2E08E27B.jpeg
    7311E6AB-8674-4F29-AD94-D47F2E08E27B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #19 of 19
I didn’t like what the SEs and the EVOs did to the iconic LXs. The SEs were far too bright for my taste and the bass was tighter and less enjoyable. I expected the EVOs to blow the LXs out of the water but instead the bass is perhaps just more “accurate?!?” I love that the LXs have loads of bass all over the place without making the audio completely muddy and overwhelming. The EVO is a great hybrid where you get some of the detail benefits of the Odin and the bass response of the LX. If I could afford to own both, I would buy the EVO to fill the void that was filled by my Odins before I sold them (which I regret to this day.) As soon as a used pair of LXs pop up under a grand, I’m snatching them up so they can become me gym IEMs, whereas my custom LXs will be for more controlled listening at home.
Fair! I've only heard great things about LX's, EVos, and the Odins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back