Bass & Soundstage??? $250 budget :(
Mar 18, 2008 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dap_pad

500+ Head-Fier
Ok... after buying a bunch of stuff... and it still not getting here... I have another upgrade itch
frown.gif

Basically what headphone around the $250 ish mark has the best bass impact and decent soundstage (not grado sized). Decent clarity would be nice as well, but bass impact takes priority. I liked the PK1 sound signature, but with more bass impact would've been perfect.

It'll be powered from an iBasso D2, if that makes a difference.

Here are some that I've read about so far.

Beyerdynamic DT990
Beyerdynamic DT770
Ultrasone Proline 2500

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 7
I really like tight bass but I allso wanted rather crisp highs and nice bright female voices and a not to narrow soundstage.

So I was allso in doubt between the DT770 & 990 Pro.

Because it's not all about the bass with me I bought the 990 Pro and I'm very pleased with them.

I'm now using a Cmoy with a OP2134, wich is rather smooth than crispy but I allready like it very much. Later I will build an amp based on the AD8397 for more crispy tones...

EDIT: If you would not be on a budget: "Darth Beyers!!!"

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok... after buying a bunch of stuff... and it still not getting here... I have another upgrade itch
frown.gif

Basically what headphone around the $250 ish mark has the best bass impact and decent soundstage (not grado sized). Decent clarity would be nice as well, but bass impact takes priority. I liked the PK1 sound signature, but with more bass impact would've been perfect.

It'll be powered from an iBasso D2, if that makes a difference.

Here are some that I've read about so far.

Beyerdynamic DT990
Beyerdynamic DT770
Ultrasone Proline 2500

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

DT990 05

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 7
I have heard the Ultrasone 750 and 2500 as well as the DT770.

I think the either ultrasone would be a good fit. The S-logic creates a really cool 3-d soundstage, and they offer excellent bass response. Both have a lot of bass impact, with the 750 having more weight because it is closed.

A lot of people have compared the DT990 with the ultrasones, and from memory the ultrasones did better. They are also much better suited for a portable amp, and are very comfy.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Obviously DT990, it is airier with a 3D sounstage and a huge headstage and with an strong bass slam (...it has a little bit more bass slam than my other headphone (DT770pro)) that will improve (or increased to the max) with an powerfull amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back